Confirmed Transfer Ayoze Pérez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurrah?

Dunno, is it a good signing? Don't know the guy.

Pérez seems to play in an area of need so that alone makes it a positive signing - besides, if it's okay by Rodgers then it's okay by me!

Hurrah!!

Happy with this. Can play multiple attacking positions and is better than Gray, Ghezzal, etc.

Hit double figures for goals in his last 3 seasons I think - more goals in the team outside of Vardy is something very important we've been needing to address, particularly since Mahrez left.

I'm trying to think of other Spanish players we've had... I'm probably missing someone really obvious, but I don't think we've had many?

Luis Hernandez is the only one I can think of - hopefully Ayoze works out better than him!

I'm trying to think of other Spanish players we've had... I'm probably missing someone really obvious, but I don't think we've had many?

Luis Hernandez is the only one I can think of - hopefully Ayoze works out better than him!
Iborra?

Obviously adding more goals to the team is great, I think he brings another thing we’ve lacked for the last couple of years.... Nuisance value. Backing in, falling over, diving, shushing fans etc. From what I’ve seen of him live he’s a little shit and I like that.

Reading through some Newcastle opinions, they don't seem overly fussed about him going - general feeling is that £30m is a lot for him. But they're mainly annoyed that none of it will end up being reinvested, so they're worried about losing his goals with no replacement.

I get the vibe that we've signed a younger, more technical Okazaki though essentially - a player who will work his socks off in that space between midfield and attack, will stuck a few in but not a composed finisher. I'm happy with that as I think we've missed it over the last year or two where Shinji has rapidly declined.

Reading through some Newcastle opinions, they don't seem overly fussed about him going - general feeling is that £30m is a lot for him. But they're mainly annoyed that none of it will end up being reinvested, so they're worried about losing his goals with no replacement.

I get the vibe that we've signed a younger, more technical Okazaki though essentially - a player who will work his socks off in that space between midfield and attack, will stuck a few in but not a composed finisher. I'm happy with that as I think we've missed it over the last year or two where Shinji has rapidly declined.
I understood his release clause was £16 million.

I think he will be a very good player for us, good signing.

I wouldn't pay much attention to the Newcastle fans. They've derided just about every player that has left them over recent seasons and they mostly go on to better things. See Wijnaldum, Sissoko, etc.

If there is one universal truth about them, it is that they know feck all about football.

He makes us better, both as a squad and as a first choice eleven - and that is all

The actual money paid is pretty irrelevant

I wouldn't pay much attention to the Newcastle fans. They've derided just about every player that has left them over recent seasons and they mostly go on to better things. See Wijnaldum, Sissoko, etc.
Jilted Husband Syndrome is common amongst football fans. Plenty here who'll say Mahrez isn't all that, and girding themselves to say they same about Harry.

Great signing reckon he will play wide right when Vardy is starting then depending on how Ian-Nacho performs this season then up top if Vardy isn't starting, could even go up top & take Vardy off during a game to rest him

Any signing which means we get to see Demarai Gray play less is fine by me.

Top bombing Top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366