Bad away dayz in the 90's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last game of the season against the toon, they had been promoted and we were in the play-offs, the game was live on ITV but we decided to travel those 'few' miles north, we got stuffed 7-1 so the worst result I have seen, but I must say it was still a good day. Walsh scored for us 8)

same place...but after the 4-3 game which we lost and Shearer got a hat-trick.

it was the ONLY time i covered up me shirt(borrowed a mates coat) and we had to slowly inch our way round the outside of the ground-the cops just stood their as Newcastle 'fans' mouthed abuse,shoved,kicked and spat at the Leicester fans trying to get back round to the coaches.

i saw one lad get punched in the face by a 'fan' right in front of a copper.......nothing..........there were men(in their 30's i would guess) with little kids at their side screaming obscenties right into peoples faces..

and it didn't seem to bother them if women and kids were the ones who got the abuse....

i don't want to think what it would've been like if we had kept the 3-1 lead we had going into the last 10 minures or so.........

i remember that day well me and my dad were bout 1st of the city fans 2 get out 2 the terraces.do u remember all them geordies running on to the pitch to get a football at half time.we could do with walsh back in defence this season to help with promition push.

beaumontfox said:
same place...but after the 4-3 game which we lost and Shearer got a hat-trick.

it was the ONLY time i covered up me shirt(borrowed a mates coat) and we had to slowly inch our way round the outside of the ground-the cops just stood their as Newcastle 'fans' mouthed abuse,shoved,kicked and spat at the Leicester fans trying to get back round to the coaches.

i saw one lad get punched in the face by a 'fan' right in front of a copper.......nothing..........there were men(in their 30's i would guess) with little kids at their side screaming obscenties right into peoples faces..

and it didn't seem to bother them if women and kids were the ones who got the abuse....

i don't want to think what it would've been like if we had kept the 3-1 lead we had going into the last 10 minures or so.........

the police up north are scum.me dad got knocked out by copper in the 70's in newcastle cause leicester won i think.geordies i hate them!

Away at Arsenal when Keller kept letting Anelka score.

Saw some right crap during the Little era but a think an awayday in Barnsley comes close to being the worst.
It was the night of the famous Joachim goal, f*cking freezing cold with that horrible Yorkshire wind blowing up the terracing and my trouser leg! Couldn't feel my hands or feet or face, we lost on Pens, got pelted with bricks and bottles on the way out and the train got stoned pulling out of the station. To top it off they tortured the City faithful with 'Northern Brass' at Half time, bloody horrible stuff.

Are you writing a book or something?

The Sheff Wed game in the League Cup when we lost 7-1. One of the most embarrassing performances I have ever seen (and there have been a few). Some poor fecker got nicked right in front of me because he wasn't at his seat even though some meathead had moved into where he was supposed to be and refused to move. Quality Policing.

Also went to the Ipswich Town game in the Prem the season we both went down in 94-95. It was on Boxing Day and instead of going on the piss which is what we usually did on Boxing Day, 3 of us went to Portman Road where we got beaten 4-1. Steve Thomson put in possibly the worst performance in his time at Leicester & don't think he ever played for us again. Of course 2 days later Leicester went to Old Trafford and drew with the Mighty Man Ure. Bloody Typical.

Also went to the Ipswich Town game in the Prem the season we both went down in 94-95. It was on Boxing Day and instead of going on the piss which is what we usually did on Boxing Day, 3 of us went to Portman Road where we got beaten 4-1. Steve Thomson put in possibly the worst performance in his time at Leicester & don't think he ever played for us again. Of course 2 days later Leicester went to Old Trafford and drew with the Mighty Man Ure. Bloody Typical.

:102: The Ipswich away match was on January 2nd, The Manchester Utd match was 5 days earlier.

We played Liverpool on Boxing Day that season. Thompson missed a penalty if I remember??( and I think he missed one at Ipswich as well)

And the Man Utd game was 1-1 wasn't it? Micky Whitlow scored, Draper should've done(the c**t) Kanchelskis scored for them.
Cantona had a bit of a strop as well towards the end of the game.

Of course I could well be wrong!

Last edited:
Does anyone want to share their memories of bad away dayz from 90's.
I went to Barnsley once. I fell over on the stairs at Leicester train station. Didn't half hurt my bloody leg.

Millwall at the Old Den....feck me, I thought it was all over...

I went to the Millwall-Ipswich FA cup quarter final in the late 70s with my da'. We sat in the seats to avoid the potential trouble but he copped a thrown half-brick to the side of his head so we left at half-time. Only to go back to the coach to find just about everyone else standing around outside a wreck with all the windows and lights smashed.

New Den is much nicer.

I am very up on all useless statistics regarding Leicester City, I don't try to be but I just seem to fecking remember everything.
Plus I was at the Ipswich game.

you good on bus and train timetables as well?

one of the best threads in ages

remember man city away in the cup in 1995 - 96 early o'neil game; watched a load of crap and then came outside the ground and watched a load of lcfc getting knocked about by man city - went for a curry on wilmslow road and had a run on the system for days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757