Baggies Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

Another tough game, but we are on a roll.
My concern looking at the table is that the three above us have much better goal differences than us, and maybe we need to start pushing on and trying to get a good lead in the first half, not pulling it back or hanging on in the last 10 minutes.

We always seem to do well when we play at speed, so my team is:

Weale
Neilson, Hobbs, Brown, Berner
N'Guessan, Oakley, Wellens, Dyer
Waghorn, Fryatt

Subs:
Logan
McGivern
King
Campbell
Howard
Gallagher
Kermogant

We are very strong at the back so I would expect at least 2 forward subs as replacements for either the forwards or wingers being knackered from having run rings round them!

There is a vBookie event for this game. :icon_wink

Tough game, will be even and I think that the score will be 1-1 with Oaktree scoring for us. Would love to see twattock get terrorised by N'Guessan as well as the fans.

spanishinquisition.jpg

nobody does...

So, with today's result...
A win on Saturday with other results going for us, we go to 1st (if we score loads!), or more likely 2nd
A loss on Saturday with other results going against us we could fall to 8th.

;)

Adraw not disasterous but going for 2-0 win same team
Waggy + Fryatt scoring, Mattock nightare booed and subbed

Unless someone has picked up a knock I would expect the same team as at QPR. 2-1 to us I reckon.

The inclusion of Dany N'Guessan at the start of the QPR match puzzled me but Nigel, as usual, proved to be right. I wonder if Dany had been chosen because the QPR right back was not very big or strong. It may be that if a fullback can be outmuscled Dany is a better choice than Gallagher. If the rightback is strong it may be worth playing Gallagher who seems to me to be more subtle.

Michael Morrison seems to me to be a young player of Premiership potential and I am concerned that he is not getting enough games. Personally I would prefer him to Neilson.

Martyn Waghorn did well alongside Fryatt against QPR and I would like to see them given time to develop an understanding. This is hard on Steve Howard who I very much admire. However, there is no point in giving a young player an opportunity if you do not reward him for taking it.

The inclusion of Dany N'Guessan at the start of the QPR match puzzled me but Nigel, as usual, proved to be right. I wonder if Dany had been chosen because the QPR right back was not very big or strong. It may be that if a fullback can be outmuscled Dany is a better choice than Gallagher. If the rightback is strong it may be worth playing Gallagher who seems to me to be more subtle.

I think it's pretty much certain that's the case. Now, be interesting to see if moves/drops Oakley because he wants pace against Mattock who was quite poor against pacy lads last year.

Well i think that N'Gussen and Dyer should both start with Waggy and Matty upfront,

we need to use the real wide players for this espically if they keep swapping Mattock could be in real trouble,

NP know the strength and weakness of JM with the training sessions last season and pre-season and know which players he can handle and cant handle so i trust he will pick the correct wingers or converted wingers for this game.

When was the last time we won four games in a row at this level?

I have a sneaky feeling City will win this - especially if we play anything like we did against QPR on Friday.

I think it's pretty much certain that's the case. Now, be interesting to see if moves/drops Oakley because he wants pace against Mattock who was quite poor against pacy lads last year.

It is all very well saying Pearson will have a plan to deal with Mattock because he knows him.
I just hope Pearson and his team have a plan to deal with the other 10 on the pitch as well!

It is all very well saying Pearson will have a plan to deal with Mattock because he knows him.
I just hope Pearson and his team have a plan to deal with the other 10 on the pitch as well!

Shit! Do you think we should send him an email to remind him? I'll bet he's overlooked this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757