Balcony man - Cleared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

From BBC:

Link

Do you think this was the right decision ??

Last edited:
[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif] 2.15pm GMT update [/FONT]
Father who threw son off hotel balcony cleared of murder

[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif] Claire Truscott and agencies
Wednesday January 23, 2008
Guardian Unlimited

[/FONT]
hogans372x192.jpg

[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]John Hogan with Liam, Mia and Natasha in an undated photograph. Photograph: Press Association
[/FONT]

A father who killed his son by throwing him from a hotel balcony was cleared of murder by a Greek court today, but sent to stay in a psychiatric unit.John Hogan, 33, from Bristol, hurled his six-year-old son Liam from the balcony then jumped himself with two-year-old daughter Mia in a suicidal act described as "selfish love" by his ex-wife Natasha.
Liam died of head injuries, but Hogan and Mia survived with broken limbs in the fall during their holiday on the island of Crete.

Wanker :icon_evil

He has a history of mental illness, he's probably a drink driver as well

Difficult judgement to make I suppose and a dreadfully sad story. The guy must have been in a shocking frame of mind to have done what he did and I'm sure that nobody will feel as bad as he does. Mental health problems, a family history of suicide and the fear of losing his wife and children clearly sent him to the brink. I just hope that one day he and his family can get over what has happened.

Difficult judgement to make I suppose and a dreadfully sad story. The guy must have been in a shocking frame of mind to have done what he did and I'm sure that nobody will feel as bad as he does. Mental health problems, a family history of suicide and the fear of losing his wife and children clearly sent him to the brink. I just hope that one day he and his family can get over what has happened.

Just so long as the health service didn't pay to heal his wounds, then I can sleep well

Probably ill, but only three years though. :icon_conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Chelsea510
3Liverpool510
4Arsenal410
5Aston Villa510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58