Barnsley Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

Anyone who wants to use these pictures on another site is welcome to do so, as long as they don't just hotlink to the pictures, and link back to this site with an appropriate credit.

barnsley1.jpg

Trev scoring our goal

barnsley6.jpg

Nalis heads for goal while Trev tries to hurdle an opponent.

barnsley7.jpg

barnsley3.jpg

barnsley2.jpg

barnsley5.jpg

barnsley4.jpg

Great pics there webby espeically off that person with Rovrum :wink:
Matt Heath and Wilcox Aye :lol:

Teeno said:
Great pics there webby espeically off that person with Rovrum :wink:
Matt Heath and Wilcox Aye :lol:

"I see u baby shakin that ass, shakin that ass!" In the end some feeling had been altered in.

marcus bent said:
who was the captain and who has been captain recently

Wilcox was the captain yesterday, was very vocal.

alex said:
Was it ok yesterday? Or were we fairly awful?

We were bloody awful most of the time, Heath was terrible, so was Mawene for most of the time, Trev was a joke, Williams was ok, Makin did well, Tiatto easily our best player. Ovverall very poor and we need a striker most definately, we didnt have Dublin but we really need another one, cos we werent much of a threat.

rotherhamfox said:
alex said:
Was it ok yesterday? Or were we fairly awful?

We were bloody awful most of the time, Heath was terrible, so was Mawene for most of the time, Trev was a joke, Williams was ok, Makin did well, Tiatto easily our best player. Ovverall very poor and we need a striker most definately, we didnt have Dublin but we really need another one, cos we werent much of a threat.

Happy days.

I thought we did okay yesterday, in parts, but for most of the game we were pretty poor. Pressman pulled off an absolutely cracking save, maybe should have done better for their first goal. Makin didn't really impress, Heath was poor, Mawene looked okay - he read the game quite well, distribution was poor though. Wilcox and Tiatto linked up well, our left hand side looked impressive at times. Tiatto looked a class act, pace, skill, and passion. Nalis was alright, didn't really do much. Williams looked very composed, he will command our midfield next season. Gillespie was okay for the first 30 mins, then didn't really notice him. Scowcroft was hardly in the game. Trev is a waste of space, he was so poor it was unbelievable - every time a Barnsley player came near him he fell over, his first touch was appalling. Micky please don't play him again. Wright didn't really get chance to get into the game. We didn't really pose much of a threat going forward, but I'm sure with Dion and Connolly (fingers crossed) we will do.

Tiatto, Wilcox and Williams all looked promising.

LS6_Fox said:
I thought we did okay yesterday, in parts, but for most of the game we were pretty poor. Pressman pulled off an absolutely cracking save, maybe should have done better for their first goal. Makin didn't really impress, Heath was poor, Mawene looked okay - he read the game quite well, distribution was poor though. Wilcox and Tiatto linked up well, our left hand side looked impressive at times. Tiatto looked a class act, pace, skill, and passion. Nalis was alright, didn't really do much. Williams looked very composed, he will command our midfield next season. Gillespie was okay for the first 30 mins, then didn't really notice him. Scowcroft was hardly in the game. Trev is a waste of space, he was so poor it was unbelievable - every time a Barnsley player came near him he fell over, his first touch was appalling. Micky please don't play him again. Wright didn't really get chance to get into the game. We didn't really pose much of a threat going forward, but I'm sure with Dion and Connolly (fingers crossed) we will do.

Tiatto, Wilcox and Williams all looked promising.

Thanks mate - nice one...I hate missing out!

Thought I would give a quick run down of my observations on saturday afternoon.

Pressman - Didnt do too badly, one very good save but could have done more to stop their first goal. Generally, handling and coming for crosses were fine. Was never really much of a shot stopper in his prime. At least 3 stone over weight but theres nothing new there either.
Makin - I was very impressed. Solid at right back and made some good challenges. Tried harder than anyone and looked fit and strong.
Wilcox - Very impressed again. Suprised to see him playing at left back but looked composed and him experience showed. Played very well.
Mawene - Impressed me with his reading of the game and positioning. Made one error which lead to a good chance for Barnsley. Like Makin had something to prove so was trying hard. Reasonably impressive.
Heath - Woeful. Certianly not at his best today. Distribution was awful and was caught out of position regulary. Generally poor.
Gillespie - Didnt do enough for me. At times his passing was awful. If he cant take on Bansley's defenders hes not going to cut it in the fizzy.
Tiatto - Looked competant on the left wing but his aggression and tackling were wasted there. Linked up well with Wilcox. Was far more effective as a ball winner when moved in to the middle of the park. Even based on this display we will need cover for his suspensions.
Williams - Very composed and ran the midfield. Was hard to judge him totally on this performance as he suffered for not playing with a genuine ball winner. Passed the ball well and looked very good generally.
Nalis - Non descript. Didnt win the ball and when he had it didnt distribute it well. Hard to see him starting next season based on this performance.
Benjamin - Not a Championship striker. Lucky goal from a header even he thought he had fluffed. Generally imobile, lacking pace and skill. First touch was awful.
Scowcroft - Anonymous. didnt win a header all afternoon. Couple of long range efforts over the bar.

Generally - Disappointing result and disappointing to see the same long ball game as last season employed for the most part. Barnsley were not strong opposition but played a neater more effective game than us for most of the match. The midfield lacked bite until Tiatto was drafted in after about 70 minutes. The pairing of Tiatto/Williams looked far superior to Nalis/Williams. O'Grady, Stewart, Stearman, Dawson and Wright all looked sharper and fitter than those they replaced. On this showing Tiatto should play centrally, I would like to see Nalis play wide on the left as he cant play in the middle with Williams. We should offer to contracts to both Mawene and Makin IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3776
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3961
7Coventry City3860
8Hull City3859