Barnsley - Sat 10th Sept 2011 - 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who like a decent pint will know that Barnsley is not overly full of good real ale pubs. However, the Acorn Brewery has just opened a brewery tap in the town centre that me and a few pals will be trying on Saturday. No reviews that I can find as yet, but it's called the Old No 7 and can be found at 7 Market Hill, S70 2PX.

Last edited:
Anyone know if you can buy tickets on the day?

On a previous time I bought a ticket on the day from LCFC ticket office in the morning and picked it up before the game. Also I think last season they sold tickets on the gate. Not sure if you still get discounts though looking at this below on the Barnsley OS

Matchday Ticket Information - Students

Students wishing to take advantage of the concessionary rate must purchase their matchday tickets from the Box Office in advance. A valid student I.D. must be produced alongside a matchday ticket at the turnstile.

Student tickets at the concessionary rate are available to purchase from the first day of sale up to one hour before kick-off.

No tickets at the discounted rate will be available on the turnstiles

Matchday Ticket Information - U12s

U12s tickets must be purchased alongside a full paying adult or OAP - and are available to purchase from the Box Office from the first day of sale up to one hour before kick-off.

No U12s tickets will be available to purchase on the turnstiles.

Just remember that those with discounted tickets need to have ID at the gate when they go in on Saturday
A valid student I.D. must be produced alongside a matchday ticket at the turnstile.

Last edited:
anyone know how many tickets we've taken so far ??

The CK Beckett Stand
The South Stand was built prior to the 1995/6 season and replaced the original Pontefract Road End of Oakwell. At present it has a capacity of 4508 and is sponsored by local company CK Beckett.

City have been allocated 2318 tickets for the game so there will be plenty of room for additional capacity for away fans if necessary if Barnsley decide to let additional fans in

Last edited:
Why look on the Barnsley OS when the same info is on ours?

" if any tickets are made available on the day of the game this price class will not be available."

I had assumed that FoxCovert had looked at City's OS and I had been on Barnsleys site earlier so it was easier to go on Barnsleys in case there was any additional information.

Last edited:
I had assumed that FoxCovert had looked at City's OS and I had been on Barnsleys site earlier so it was easier to go on Barnsleys in case there was any additional information.

Cheers MF, lazy fecker that i am i didn't:icon_redf. Barnsley an easy away game for me so won't be going via Filbert Way but don't want to commit myself till the day of the game.

Did you not read his post?

I think he probably did. The wrong end of the ground has been identified as the away end, but the mistake was made by Dunmow (not Motown). The stand mentioned is at the Ponty Road end and is for Home supporters. We will be at the North end which does indeed hold 6,000.

I think he probably did. The wrong end of the ground has been identified as the away end, but the mistake was made by Dunmow (not Motown). The stand mentioned is at the Ponty Road end and is for Home supporters. We will be at the North end which does indeed hold 6,000.

Not me !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not me !!!

No, you're right - it was Motown. I was confused by the pair of quote boxes, both of which I mistakenly thought were quoting you.

Sorry.

No, you're right - it was Motown. I was confused by the pair of quote boxes, both of which I mistakenly thought were quoting you.

Sorry.

No problem....

I'm used to getting blamed for stuff I haven't done !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757