Beckford Bust Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's true and with the Mirror reporting it who knows if it is or not, but if its true and we lose Beckford on top of Mills the NP and his management style really needs to be seriously questioned.

If it's true and with the Mirror reporting it who knows if it is or not, but if its true and we lose Beckford on top of Mills the NP and his management style really needs to be seriously questioned.

Or maybe it shows the character of certain big name signings, wouldn't bother me in the slightest if we bombed both Mills and Beckford out of the club. No individual is ever bigger than the club.

Or maybe it shows the character of certain big name signings, wouldn't bother me in the slightest if we bombed both Mills and Beckford out of the club. No individual is ever bigger than the club.

This story looks like a paste up. The quotes seem to come from the RL post match interview. Were there to be any truth, one would surely have to look at Pearson: there have been so many Pearson/player rows reported.

No wonder the club is going nowhere: it must be such a happy place to work!

It's a lazy article, as the Old Fox says, using a couple of quotes NP gave Stringer, and some added speculative propaganda.

As mentioned in the post-match thread, most who went to the game didn't see Beckford throwing his toys out of the pram. It looked like he was knackered, having tracked back to cover for his defensive team-mates, who were all up front at the time.

Or perhaps the players attitude really needs to be questioned. Why is it, when no facts are actually known it's the manager who gets it in the neck?

Or perhaps the players attitude really needs to be questioned. Why is it, when no facts are actually known it's the manager who gets it in the neck?

If this were a single incident, I might agree, if true, it could be either party but, Pearson does have previous. I only say might agree because a manager's job is to get the best out of a bunch of players, who may not like each other, let alone the manager. Christian Ronaldo, Carlos Tevez - from what I know of both, I would not want to have them as friends, but I would be delighted were they to play for Leicester.

I'm glad that Pearson expects a certain standard, level of effort and attitude from his players. He's always struck me as a very fair manager - it seems if you have the right attitude and work ethic, he has a lot of time for you, but equally, if you're found to be lacking in these qualities you don't remain around very long. I think Beckford will stay - I think this 'bust-up' is a bit of a storm in a tea cup to be honest. But I think we'll be dispensing with Matt Mills in the summer, probably at a significant loss and he'll remain a very costly mistake.

We need the team to be a unit - everyone needs to pull their weight and put the effort in and we need to work as a team. Since Pearson left, it's been like watching a team of individual players who happen to be wearing the same shirt. Pearson's approach might not be massively popular, and it might mean individual/flair players (I'm looking at Sol Bamba here) are replaced by solid cogs in a well oiled machine (think Wayne Brown, Wes Morgan) but I think this is the approach that will bring us the most success. Plus, at the tail end of our championship season under Pearson, we were playing some lovely football too. If we can go back to having a team like that, with performances like that, I'll be a very happy man.

It's starting to look like NP doesn't manage players with a star tag very well, he feels the need to dominate so likes to work with young up and coming players or older steady eddy types. I just can't see him building a top 2 team with this attitude and scrapping for the play offs isn't likely to be what the owners want next season.

I want stability at the club but think NP needs to rethink his handling of players a bit.

You don't need to be a genius or have any insider knowledge to see that at times Beckford's attitude is questionable on the field. It would be a shame to lose him because he started to look like forming a decent partnership with Nugent.

Pearson will be looking to build a cohesive team in the close season though and I doubt there will be room for individual egos within that and Beckford certainly seems to think he's too good for us. Ironically, if he does leave us I doubt it will be a for a club perceived as being bigger than LCFC.

Last edited:
If this were a single incident, I might agree, if true, it could be either party but, Pearson does have previous. I only say might agree because a manager's job is to get the best out of a bunch of players, who may not like each other, let alone the manager. Christian Ronaldo, Carlos Tevez - from what I know of both, I would not want to have them as friends, but I would be delighted were they to play for Leicester.

Do Mills, SSL and Beckford not have previous themselves?

SSL is on film throwing hissy fits, Beckford has always had question marks over him and there were rumours of rifts with Moyes. Whilst many Reading fans detested Mills because of his attitude and middle finger salute he gave them.

Of course the managers job is to get the best out of players. But it's also their job to decide whether what the players brings to the team, is enough to warrant keeping a potentially disruptive character around. And unfortunately for us Matt Mills and Beckford have looked like average champ' players under Sven and Pearson.

It's starting to look like NP doesn't manage players with a star tag very well.

Who is giving these "star" players their tags? Perhaps part of the problem is that it's what they think of themselves. When in reality Nugent, Konchesky and Kasper have shown themselves to have more star quality than anyone Pearson has had an alleged rift with, and he gets on ok with them by the looks of things.

Who is giving these "star" players their tags? Perhaps part of the problem is that it's what they think of themselves. When in reality Nugent, Konchesky and Kasper have shown themselves to have more star quality than anyone Pearson has had an alleged rift with, and he gets on ok with them by the looks of things.

The club is making them 'star' players by paying the biggest transfer fees and wages for them.

The club is making them 'star' players by paying the biggest transfer fees and wages for them.
How much do you need to get paid or be signed for to be called a star then? I'm sure Konchesky is on a fortune and has played consistently at a level SSL, Mills, Beckford can only dream of. No problems there.

It's starting to look like NP doesn't manage players with a star tag very well, he feels the need to dominate so likes to work with young up and coming players or older steady eddy types. I just can't see him building a top 2 team with this attitude and scrapping for the play offs isn't likely to be what the owners want next season.

I want stability at the club but think NP needs to rethink his handling of players a bit.

No different to Ferguson and he's done OK.

Rarely seen Fergy act in the way NP is, more like Manchini.

Assaulting star players. Sackings on the spot for answering back in the changing room - whereas all Peason has done is not accept uppity behaviour by overpaid, under performing, self-appointed 'stars'.

I'm all for a dominant boss, I think it's the best aspect of his character.

There is no need for egos. Take a look at the recently promoted teams and those now in the automatic promotion places (Southampton and Reading) Tell me how many "star" players they have with egos - none. We need a team that will play together and fight to the death - both Mills and Beckford in my opinion should go as soon as possible - they are disruptive. Last time I looked there was no I in TEAM.

Because people saw the effort he'd put in just seconds before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758