Belief in the Manager and Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyred

I live near Reading, so it's a 2 hour each way drive to get to home matches. Before last night's cracking match I'd been to the Oxford pre season friendly, Sheff Utd and Millwall home matches and the Reading away match. I don't see the local press and rely mainly on this website and others for vibes, rumour, and gauging the health of the team I've supported since 1963.
My take on last night is that it is unfortunately not surprising there were 14,000 odd City fans there with another 5,000 odd from Spurs. People have lost confidence in the team and it was on TV. But they'll be back as soon as they see things changing for the better.
I was at the Charlton Cup match last season when De Vries put in what was probably his best performance before last night. He's a quality player, very good at keeping the ball up and he needs our support, not jeers. We all have off days.
Elvis worked really well with him. Elvis has looked keen and energetic whenever I have seen him. Stearman looked good and McCarthy has been a great buy.
Williams and Hughes were energetic and tackled back last night. I hope they continue that approach against Wednesday. Joey always has those qualities.
On the negative side Hamill was very disappointing last night and that followed up a poor display at Reading. Momo looked great and interested in the Oxford pre season friendly, but was poor and uninterested at Reading. We need a left back. We have 2 excellent right backs and one of them is having to play out of position.
Finally the manager. It was his change in the first half that turned the game. He is a bright guy and I believe the quality of the squad is much better than when he joined. It will take time and staving off relegation is the priority. He needs time and anyway who is there as an alternative who is going to suddenly change things for the better? I look forward to the day the fans start chanting his name at matches. Last night Gary Lineker got that honour.

I was a bit upset that the beeb in their infinite wisdom didn't show Lineker's celebrations when we scored the goals - especially the winner.

Why?

Welcome Tommy:icon_razz

Welcome along Tommy :038:

you're posting in the wrong forum tho my friend, this is where Joe Fox & Scarby post random nonsense!! :icon_lol: :icon_wink

Macky said:
Welcome along Tommy :038:

you're posting in the wrong forum tho my friend, this is where Joe Fox & Scarby post random nonsense!! :icon_lol: :icon_wink

And me and MK exchange compliments...

tommyred said:
I live near Reading, so it's a 2 hour each way drive to get to home matches. Before last night's cracking match I'd been to the Oxford pre season friendly, Sheff Utd and Millwall home matches and the Reading away match. I don't see the local press and rely mainly on this website and others for vibes, rumour, and gauging the health of the team I've supported since 1963.
My take on last night is that it is unfortunately not surprising there were 14,000 odd City fans there with another 5,000 odd from Spurs. People have lost confidence in the team and it was on TV. But they'll be back as soon as they see things changing for the better.
I was at the Charlton Cup match last season when De Vries put in what was probably his best performance before last night. He's a quality player, very good at keeping the ball up and he needs our support, not jeers. We all have off days.
Elvis worked really well with him. Elvis has looked keen and energetic whenever I have seen him. Stearman looked good and McCarthy has been a great buy.
Williams and Hughes were energetic and tackled back last night. I hope they continue that approach against Wednesday. Joey always has those qualities.
On the negative side Hamill was very disappointing last night and that followed up a poor display at Reading. Momo looked great and interested in the Oxford pre season friendly, but was poor and uninterested at Reading. We need a left back. We have 2 excellent right backs and one of them is having to play out of position.
Finally the manager. It was his change in the first half that turned the game. He is a bright guy and I believe the quality of the squad is much better than when he joined. It will take time and staving off relegation is the priority. He needs time and anyway who is there as an alternative who is going to suddenly change things for the better? I look forward to the day the fans start chanting his name at matches. Last night Gary Lineker got that honour.

Top Post!

Joe_Fox said:
I was a bit upset that the beeb in their infinite wisdom didn't show Lineker's celebrations when we scored the goals - especially the winner.

Why?

They cant be seen to be biased towards a team!! The only time they do it is during the world cup and thats because they know they wont have any complaints about it!

I would have liked to have seen Linekers reaction as well, especially if he gave Hanson i load of stick! :icon_razz

Joe_Fox said:

Why?
Id like to think it was coz he said something along the lines of, "haha Hanson you feckin wa**er that showed you, you stupid scottish to**er, feck off back where you came from you little weasel." With Shearer and Sir Les laughing their tits off in the background.

Last edited:
I reckon he did a dance.

I moved this to a more fitting place. ;)

Steven said:
I moved this to a more fitting place. ;)
And deleted half the thread....not a bad thing really, well done Stevie baby:)

highland fox said:
And me and MK exchange bodily fluids..

Yeah Stevo deleted my original comedy post.....but in case any of you missed it this is the repeat !

if they cant show biased how come when leicester played blackburn i think it was, gary kitted out the whole studio in city merchandise and even wore some lcfc glasses? i also think he did a dance and then urinated on hansen.

Think he had to hold back his celebrations due to the fact he played for Spurs as well. Everyone knows he's a city fan but think he was just trying to be respectful. Typical Gary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669