Benjamin Mendy charged

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-58348288
Manchester City footballer Benjamin Mendy has been charged with rape.

The 27-year-old defender has been charged with four counts of rape and one count of sexual assault, Cheshire Police said.

The charges relate to three complainants over the age of 16 and are alleged to have taken place between October 2020 and August this year.
Mr Mendy, of Prestbury, has been remanded in custody and will appear at Chester Magistrates' Court on Friday.

The left-back has played for last season's Premier League champions since 2017, when he joined from Monaco for a reported £52m.

A police spokesman said: "Cheshire Constabulary and the Crown Prosecution Service would like to remind everyone that criminal proceedings against Mendy are live and that he has a right to a fair trial."

Manchester City said the defender, who also plays for the French national team, had been suspended pending an investigation.

"The matter is subject to a legal process and the club is therefore unable to make further comment until that process is complete," the club added.

As he plays for Man City he'll probably get let off.

Manchester City footballer Benjamin Mendy has been charged with rape.
This is ridiculous! Any normal member of this forum would have simply entitled this thread 'Mendy charged with rape', knowing full well that Nampalys was the subject of the indictment. But not BM, no siree, not BM.

An opportunity missed IMHO.

This is ridiculous! Any normal member of this forum would have simply entitled this thread 'Mendy charged with rape', knowing full well that Nampalys was the subject of the indictment. But not BM, no siree, not BM.

An opportunity missed IMHO.
I thought about it but considering the subject matter I thought a mod or Jeff would surely change it anyway.

Wow, that's a bit much isn't it?

Separate incidents spanning a 10 month period. Sounds pretty horrendous. If he's been charged with all of them then you'd assume there's good evidence against him, and would assume he's heading for a hefty prison sentence.

There’s always a nice little reminder that most footballers are ****wits somewhere isn’t there? Coddled little babies who don’t understand “no” anymore because nobody actually says it to them. What a twat.
Agree with you Graz Graz - the number of allegations suggests there is something there, it isn’t just some personality smear to make some money.

There’s always a nice little reminder that most footballers are ****wits somewhere isn’t there? Coddled little babies who don’t understand “no” anymore because nobody actually says it to them. What a twat.
Agree with you Graz Graz - the number of allegations suggests there is something there, it isn’t just some personality smear to make some money.
If you think it's only footballers who act like this, I'd avoid Twitter if I were you.

He would have been in custody far too long based on the fact that he can't be brought to trial for months, ask the government to properly fund criminal justice if you don't want this sort of defendant release on bail.

The government wont fund it. But they will happily chip in to criticise and even try to overthrow decisions made by court.
Strange times eh.

Example number 481 of why football is broken. Having been on a jury before adjudicating on a rape case, the reaction here staggers me.

Example number 481 of why football is broken. Having been on a jury before adjudicating on a rape case, the reaction here staggers me.

It ****ing sickens me.

There's a part of me that wants to think "innocent until proven guilty". But there's a much bigger part of me thinking there's no smoke without fire, and there was a lot of smoke here.

And seeing people use this as justification for Mason Greenwood to come back is even ****ing worse. We've all seen the evidence. It he comes back to the Premier League I'm literally done with football.

Could you kindly explain what we’re supposed to be seeing
I don’t do twitter

Sorry, you're quite right I should have explained better.

Mendy was found not guilty yesterday following his second trial. Immediately after the decision, the ex-Man Utd player Depay posted a long message saying how Mendy had been vindicated and had been treated appallingly. The attachment shows a massive number of high profile professional players coming out in support of this message and, by association, with Mendy himself.

Like Graz says, he has been found innocent of the charges but this is largely because it is almost impossible to secure a rape conviction. No jury can find someone guilty in a 'he said' 'she said' situation. We don't even have reasonable doubt in our system, despite it being assumed by people who don't have to do jury service.

Having sat on a rape trial, I'm absolutely convinced that the guy did what he was accused of, but he got off. Similarly, from everything I've read in this case, I'm convinced that Mendy has committed multiple sexual offences but the bar is too high to convict him.

In that context, loads of footballers supporting him is horrendous.

Thanks for the explanation
I must admit when it all first came to light I thought , like many did, no smoke without fire.
However to be found not guilty of all charges makes me wonder whether some of these so called victims , knew of Mendy’s like for women , thought they’d cry wolf and get a good payday.

maybe some of those supporting Mendy have found themselves in uncompromising positions but didn’t take the bait like he did.

Who knows?

As they say there are 3 sides to every story
His side
Her side
And the truth

This notion of " solidarity " always baffles me.

I've been aquainted with many total ****s of various different types over the years. I'm no longer aquainted with any of them due to their ****iness. It was never a difficult decision to sever those ties.

So why the **** would you show support for someone like this simply because you share a common profession ? In the relentlessly image managed world of modern sport you'd think at least one person would say " ****ing hell lads, that's not a good look, don't go near it "

I think a large part of it might be that the vast majority of today's players came through academy systems from the age of about 10. Those that make it have spent their entire lives both child & adult being told that they're special & exceptional. I think it's far too easy for some of these people to translate that into " the rules don't apply to me because I'm special " The entire game needs an attitude adjustment from the ground up. Teaching people to be human beings should form part of the structure, especially for young lads coming through elite academies.
I've actually worked with some former academy players. The ones who DIDN'T make it & were released into the real world in their teens after failing to secure pro contracts. A bigger bunch of entitled, unpleasant,lazy, arrogant ****s you couldn't wish to meet. & that's the failures ! I can only imagine what the successful ones must be like.

Against that background it isn't hard to imagine a mindset of :

" I can't have heard that right. No ??? ! Nah, people aren't allowed to say no to me. Must be a mistake. I'll just crack on "

A very large dose of reality needs to be administered to these arseholes. Sadly they'll always have better lawyers than their accusers so unless they actually commit the offence in front of an audience or on camera they'll almost always walk.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4363
10Preston 4363