Benjamin Mendy charged

This notion of " solidarity " always baffles me.

I've been aquainted with many total ****s of various different types over the years. I'm no longer aquainted with any of them due to their ****iness. It was never a difficult decision to sever those ties.

So why the **** would you show support for someone like this simply because you share a common profession ? In the relentlessly image managed world of modern sport you'd think at least one person would say " ****ing hell lads, that's not a good look, don't go near it "

I think a large part of it might be that the vast majority of today's players came through academy systems from the age of about 10. Those that make it have spent their entire lives both child & adult being told that they're special & exceptional. I think it's far too easy for some of these people to translate that into " the rules don't apply to me because I'm special " The entire game needs an attitude adjustment from the ground up. Teaching people to be human beings should form part of the structure, especially for young lads coming through elite academies.
I've actually worked with some former academy players. The ones who DIDN'T make it & were released into the real world in their teens after failing to secure pro contracts. A bigger bunch of entitled, unpleasant,lazy, arrogant ****s you couldn't wish to meet. & that's the failures ! I can only imagine what the successful ones must be like.

Against that background it isn't hard to imagine a mindset of :

" I can't have heard that right. No ??? ! Nah, people aren't allowed to say no to me. Must be a mistake. I'll just crack on "

A very large dose of reality needs to be administered to these arseholes. Sadly they'll always have better lawyers than their accusers so unless they actually commit the offence in front of an audience or on camera they'll almost always walk.
So you've worked with a bunch of entitled arrogant pricks, they are all arrogant entitled pricks ?

whether you like it or not, the judicial system in this country found the bloke not guilty on all accounts.
where are the clamours for the names of the women accusing him of rape to be named?
none!

what sort of fair system is that?

So you've worked with a bunch of entitled arrogant pricks, they are all arrogant entitled pricks ?

whether you like it or not, the judicial system in this country found the bloke not guilty on all accounts.
where are the clamours for the names of the women accusing him of rape to be named?
none!

what sort of fair system is that?
& herein lies the problem.

You decide to report someone as having raped you. The person involved happens to be rich & famous. Even under normal circumstances it's difficult to get a conviction due to the nature of the crime, but in this case you're also up against someone who can afford the best lawyers money can buy, backed up by their billion pound corporate employers.

Oh, & by the way...if you lose we'll splash your name all over the tabloids, call you a lying slut who was begging for it & ruin your life forever. You'll probably end up killing yourself. If that happens we'll print an article that strongly suggests that it serves you right.

But hey, if we discourage victims of crime from bringing charges that should help clean up the backlog in the courts. Sounds like a politicians solution.

Anonymity in sexual assault cases is an absolute neccessity. Of course there will be cases where someone tries to take advantage, as there would be with any legal procedure. But that isn't a reason to do away with it any more than we should abolish the dole because some people have fiddled it or ban the right to protest because somebody was late for work due to a demo.

No system is completely fair & never can be. But the alternative would be far worse.

It certainly would, but why only name the accused and not the accuser as well?

As soon as the accused is named, it is too late for a fair and judicial system to occur.

We have to leave our own preconception thoughts to one side and have faith in the system

Whether we like it or not .

This notion of " solidarity " always baffles me.

I've been aquainted with many total ****s of various different types over the years. I'm no longer aquainted with any of them due to their ****iness. It was never a difficult decision to sever those ties.

So why the **** would you show support for someone like this simply because you share a common profession ? In the relentlessly image managed world of modern sport you'd think at least one person would say " ****ing hell lads, that's not a good look, don't go near it "
I'm glad they said what they were thinking. Finally, something unmanaged and open - supporting something they feel genuinely associated with without worrying about what people say. A lot of these players will have been in very similar positions. They also probably know Mendy and his personality on a much deeper level than we do and perhaps can't believe he's been accused of this.

None of us know what it's like to be such a high profile person, especially someone so wealthy and often vilified as being flashy, thick, arrogant dickheads. I can only imagine the amount of false accusations and money-grabbing people around them.

Adding to this, women and men display aggression in different ways. Women tend to do it by spreading gossip and reputation destruction. Men tend to manifest by resorting to violence. It's very easy for a woman to ruin a man's reputation by an accusation of rape. Boom, their whole life is over. It stays on his record forever. That blemish never goes away and some people will always say "he's a rapist." But what about if he's actually innocent? How is that even fair?

Maybe he raped them, maybe he didn't. We've no idea. But, Mendy has been deemed to be innocent by the law, he should be able to resume his career and continue as normal.

It certainly would, but why only name the accused and not the accuser as well?

As soon as the accused is named, it is too late for a fair and judicial system to occur.

We have to leave our own preconception thoughts to one side and have faith in the system

Whether we like it or not .

I wonder if he'll sue his accusers for defamation, stress etc? He must be really considering it.

I'm glad they said what they were thinking. Finally, something unmanaged and open - supporting something they feel genuinely associated with without worrying about what people say. A lot of these players will have been in very similar positions. They also probably know Mendy and his personality on a much deeper level than we do and perhaps can't believe he's been accused of this.

None of us know what it's like to be such a high profile person, especially someone so wealthy and often vilified as being flashy, thick, arrogant dickheads. I can only imagine the amount of false accusations and money-grabbing people around them.

Adding to this, women and men display aggression in different ways. Women tend to do it by spreading gossip and reputation destruction. Men tend to manifest by resorting to violence. It's very easy for a woman to ruin a man's reputation by an accusation of rape. Boom, their whole life is over. It stays on his record forever. That blemish never goes away and some people will always say "he's a rapist." But what about if he's actually innocent? How is that even fair?

Maybe he raped them, maybe he didn't. We've no idea. But, Mendy has been deemed to be innocent by the law, he should be able to resume his career and continue as normal.
Yeesh. I’m not sure where to start, so I’ll just register my dislike of much of this post.

Each to their own and all that, but this isn’t how I see this.

Yeesh. I’m not sure where to start, so I’ll just register my dislike of much of this post.

Each to their own and all that, but this isn’t how I see this.
I have to agree.

Sorry ThaiSweetChilli there feels a lot wrong with what you are saying in your post. It feels very sexiest and blinkered to the facts.

'Not guilty' gets confused with 'innocent' a lot

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4363