Benjamin's gone for good

Status
Not open for further replies.
i imagine we'd have had to have paid off the balance, if not a 'loyalty' bonus too :?
so £15k a week for 5 years = £3.9m
transfer of £1.5m
Total = £5,400,000
average ticket at £15 (season tickets/kids/oaps etc) = 360,000 tickets
Ground capacity of 32,000 = 11.25 full houses.
23 home league games a season

Therefore, the revenue for every seat being taken in every game for nearly half a season can be attributed to Mr Benjy :roll:

MKFox said:
i imagine we'd have had to have paid off the balance, if not a 'loyalty' bonus too :?
transfer of £1.5m
Total = £5,400,000

Therefore, the revenue for every seat being taken in every game for nearly half a season can be attributed to Mr Benjy :roll:

lol you have far too much time on your hands :wink:

MKFox said:
transfer of £1.5m
Total = £5,400,000

But when we signed him we were getting loads of Sky money, I think we got more from sky than we got from bums on seats.

of course webbo, turnstile money is shadowed by the sky cash, but the fact remains, half a season of home games written off by one player.
right, what about walker and scowy? what's their deals.... :wink: see how many burgers, programmes or replica shirts we have to buy a week to keep them in the lap of luxury... :roll:

Tricky Trev had a big heart and epitomised our never say die attitude, even if he was clumsy and talentless, although he held the ball up well and pulled defenders to him away from goal.

I am much more concerned about the expensive waste of that is Matt Elliot. His wages over the last five years is £8 million+! He was good three years ago. He has played a couple of times in the last year equivalent to a salary cost of half a million pounds a match!

Why does he not the do the honourable (Matt Jones) thing and retire on medical grounds. He cannot possibly claim he 'needs' the money!

MKFox said:
transfer of £1.5m
Total = £5,400,000

We have not paid the full balance of the big fella`s contract, and certainly no bonus`s, good bit of business I reckon !

Mike - True Blue Tinter said:
Why does he not the do the honourable (Matt Jones) thing and retire on medical grounds. He cannot possibly claim he 'needs' the money!

There's nothing honourable about the way Jones did it, it cost the club as much in wages as it would have done if he'd still been with us, because of a clause in his contract that said he had to be paid a certain amount if he had to retire through injury. It's believed that this amount is 12 months wages (or the balance of his contract, if he had less than a year remaining).

I expect Elliott will have the same thing in his contract (it's fairly standard, not just a Leicester thing), so if he retires now it won't save us anything. And why should a player retire, if he still believes he can continue playing?
He played quite a few games last season, just not for us.
You could say Elliott is doing the honourable thing by trying to get fit again, rather than retire and take the money anyway.

DurhamFox said:
silkman said:
http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10274~615365,00.htm

really? or best remenbered for being talentless, clumsy and inept, but managing to hang around the place long enough to win a place in our ever open hearts?
surely (well, maybe not - have just remembered Junior Lewis) the least competent player to pull on a blue shirt in a decade

Not even close Mate

go on then me old china - lewis and, er, er who else???

mad biker said:
We have not paid the full balance of the big fella`s contract, and certainly no bonus`s, good bit of business I reckon !
good business indeed MB, but still a case of closing the door after the horse has bolted :wink:

I'm gonna miss the man. Yeah he wasn't brilliant, but you couldn't help but love him.

He's like the attacking version of Djimi Traore :D

It looks like Trev left by mutual consent, which indicates that the contract was terminated and city would not have to carry on paying him. An excelent thing for Trev to do. especially as he has only pocketed
3-4million from city.
Not bad for a crap player

step said:
It looks like Trev left by mutual consent, which indicates that the contract was terminated and city would not have to carry on paying him.

But he will have received a pay off from the club.

It might not be as much as he'd got if he stayed until the end of his contract, but he won't have just allowed his contract to be ended without getting something for it.

webmaster said:
step said:
It looks like Trev left by mutual consent, which indicates that the contract was terminated and city would not have to carry on paying him.

It might not be as much as he'd got if he stayed until the end of his contract, but he won't have just allowed his contract to be ended without getting something for it.

How great it is too be a pro footballer when even when you are absolute shite you can become a millionaire without having to prove yourself. Yes Benji tried hard and was commited but he was fookin awful as a footballer. Well done CL at last we are starting to see the last of the Taylor era shown the door, now if we could only get rid of Scowy.

webmaster said:
step said:

He knows he has earned more that he deserves and he feels he has earned enough from city, so its time to give a little back.

I think he has left with no pay off.

Of course he's had a pay off

His contract ran to the end of the season, and we were obligated to pay all of that amount - he'd be insane to walk away from that

We have paid him off early, and part of the deal will be some kind of "discount" in the overall sum we owed him. We've saved a small but decent amount of cash, and that's damn good business for once

And no slagging off the Trev, please. We gave him the money and no one on this forum would have turned it down. He played a significant role in our promotion season and he should remembered for that more than anything else.

Only a couple of weeks since the kop were chanting his name to be brought on - an indication of how desperate this club has become over the past twelve months, and an indication of the true legacy of M Adams esq. Cov are welcome to him

As for Trev. Good luck to you, mate

Fecking hell...Homer being compassionate.
I wish Benjamin all the best but never rated him,he will do well at Northampton thats his level IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669