Better or Worse?

Who Would Of Benifited Leiceter more by going down?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Fan

Now we know Leeds are joining us in the Coca cola league im wondering if they'll go back into admin? Quite frankly I doubt it because it's unlikly they would of been able to of made the buy out if they didn't have a contingensy plan for just such an event.

However what I was left wondering today is would leicester of benifited more from man city going down or Leeds? Both have huge finacial problems! man City are £58 Million in debt, have loads of players on HUGE wages (e.g anelka) and have a brand new stadium (which I asume they had to put SOME money towards!).

Leeds on the other hand still have finacial problems, lots of players on big contracts but lots of players worth money as well.

With this new 10 points rule if one was to go into ADMIN it would somewhat help our cause of Automatic places. So in a totally hyperthetical poll who do you think would benifit Leicester more by going down; Leeds or Man City (don't forget about the possable mass exodus of the players)!

BTW might I make it totally clear that going into debt isn't something that I would wish upon anyone, especially knowing the problems it caused Us!

I heard on radio 5 live last week that if Leeds went down, they would almost certain go back into admin, and because of the new rules they would be deducted 10 points from the start....sounds good

Quite frankly I doubt it because it's unlikly they would of been able to of made the buy out if they didn't have a contingensy plan for just such an event.

Leeds do have a business plan in place for the event of relegation, so I doubt they will go in to admin. Additionally, they are certain to reap in quite a few million from some of their better players like Robinson, Milner, Smith and Viduka.

The problem with Leeds is that they haven't actually signed some of these players outright. They have kinda leased them. This money needs paying back. Celtic are still owed quite a lot from the Viduka deal, so I've been told.

They are also still paying some ex-players wages, for example Robbie Fowler.

This is why they are in trouble in the first place. Ridsdale tried to buy the Premiership and Champions League, but it was a stupid gamble to take in retrospect.

LeeH said:
The problem with Leeds is that they haven't actually signed some of these players outright. They have kinda leased them. This money needs paying back. Celtic are still owed quite a lot from the Viduka deal, so I've been told.

They are also still paying some ex-players wages, for example Robbie Fowler.

This is why they are in trouble in the first place. Ridsdale tried to buy the Premiership and Champions League, but it was a stupid gamble to take in retrospect.

I think we did the same thing with some of our players - Ironically, Scowcroft was involved in a similar deal.

Although a business plan has been put in place, I'm not sure if this relies on transfer fees for their top earners, or it simply relies on just getting them off the wage bill, no matter how much they're sold for......

Appartently The Leeds chairman said theymight not be able to get rid of all their players because of the stuid wages which they are on! (E.g Barmby somewhere about £25K!!!)

I would have thought Barmby would be out of contract in the summer - And to think he played for England not so long ago! :shock:

Well ovioulsy the chairman wasn't going to name players, but I though to enforce my point I needed to add an exaple!!

Thing is Leeds must of had a plan, other wise they wouldn't of been allowed to of being brought out, right?

Thing is Leeds must of had a plan, other wise they wouldn't of been allowed to of being brought out, right?

Yeah, they do - Although as I said, that might depend on off-loading some high earners off the wage list.

Ashov said:
Milner = £3m
Robinson =£5m
Smith =£7m
Viduka= £6m

I am afraid for Leeds' sake not. Clubs will wait until Leeds are on their knees rather than shelling out these sort of fees and Leeds will be forced to acept cut price deals. It is called vusiness I am afraid.

Milner = £0.5m (he wont be sold though)
Robinson =£1.5m
Smith =£5m
Viduka= £1m

All of which are absaloute peanuts for playrs of their ability.

trickytrev said:
Ashov said:
Milner = £3m
Robinson =£5m
Smith =£7m
Viduka= £6m

I am afraid for Leeds' sake not. Clubs will wait until Leeds are on their knees rather than shelling out these sort of fees and Leeds will be forced to acept cut price deals. It is called vusiness I am afraid.

Milner = £0.5m (he wont be sold though)
Robinson =£1.5m
Smith =£5m
Viduka= £1m

All of which are absaloute peanuts for playrs of their ability.

thing is I can symathis with the Leeds fans right now beacuse I can remember what it was like to be in there postion! However I do want them to go into ADMIN because it does give us such a vast advantage. Hyperthotically I guess clubs might start trying to put other clubs into Admin if they are owed money for players (e.g Walker from spurs!).

I wonderhow many clubs will go into Admin the week before the new rules come in?

You see, we are the only club who voted against the 10 point deduction rule, and in my opinion will be the onyl club who can hold our head high with any dignity. Make sure it is known what the clubs did when everybody expresses their sympathy for Leeds' situation.

Leeds are pretty much screwed. Good.

There will be some good teams in division one next season, but we'll still do the business. It should be quite an interesting season for City. We have got Forest, Cov and hopefully not Derby to play and beat twice. Then there's Sunderland, West Ham, Cardiff, Leeds, Sheff Utd and Ipswich to try and test us should be exciting, but in the bag!

Leeds fold bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758