Better Squad than last season??

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve20

I honestly think we would have had a better chance at staying in the premiership with this squad than last seasons, the players Micky has purchased this season are far better than last, i do believe the partnership of Dublin and Connelly will produce more goals than last seasons Dickov and Ferdinand. We have two potential world class youngsters in the middle of the park in Gudjohnson and Williams, both internationals with bags of potential. and in Dabizas and Keown with Makin and Tiatto either side i think we have a rock defensive, should be a great season.

whats peoples thoughts??

These are the two strongest team micky could have started with last season and this, forgetting about injuries and bans

2003 2004

Walker Walker
Curtis Makin BETTER
Elliott Dabizas BETTER
Sciemeca Keown BETTER
Thatcher BETTER Tiatto
Gillespie Scowcroft BETTER
Scowcroft Gudjhonson
Izzet BETTER Williams
Rogers Wilcox BETTER
Ferdinand Dublin BETTER
Dickov Connelly BETTER

Believe this seasons team kicks ass, like u said hopefully they will gel together!!

My first post - hello to all!

Dickov's long gone mate! I think you mean Connolly and Dublin don't you?!

Yeah I have to say I'm really enthusiastic about this season. I've been looking through the other teams squad lists on their respective websites and I really think we've got the best squad of players.

As for the defence - couldn't agree more! Although I haven't seen much of Makin to be honest. But if Micky thinks he's worth getting, then that's good enough for me! :D

the defence is stronger than last season i reckon, only big loss was thatcher, its obviously not the youngest but i think that in a way is a good thing 4 this season anyway cos the lads at the back have got so much experience and nouse that not much is gonna get by them, they know all the tricks.

steve20 said:
Nah i was just matching up last years team and this years team!!
I think Spenno's referring to your 1st posting where you say"Dublin and Dickov will produce more goals" :!:

spenno said:
My first post - hello to all!

Dickov's long gone mate! I think you mean Connolly and Dublin don't you?!

Yeah I have to say I'm really enthusiastic about this season. I've been looking through the other teams squad lists on their respective websites and I really think we've got the best squad of players.

As for the defence - couldn't agree more! Although I haven't seen much of Makin to be honest. But if Micky thinks he's worth getting, then that's good enough for me! :D

Welcome. :wink:

The future sure is looking good 8)
On comparing last years team to this years probabale line up. I have to disagree about Ben Thatcher. Yes, he had a true grit attitude, but there were also many moments of headless chicken. He might have been a fans favourite but he wasn't as good as he thought he was.

gagandeep said:
Leigh said:
steve20 said:
Rogers Wilcox BETTER

Have you seen Wilcox at LB? :shock: :?

have you seen rogers play :shock:

...Yes. I don't go in for all this Rogers hatred that people seem to have, he played some good games for us last year before he fell out of favour with Micky, the best since he came here infact. Although I've only seen Wilcox play once, so there is plenty of room for the benefit of the doubt, he was awful that once and I would not cheer to see him in the line-up at LB.

I do hope that Canero is given his chance for a decent run in the side and Makin isn't first choice right back leaving Canero on bench warming duties again.Scowcroft will be on the right wing so theres no chance for Canero there.

highland fox said:
I do hope that Canero is given his chance for a decent run in the side and Makin isn't first choice right back leaving Canero on bench warming duties again.Scowcroft will be on the right wing so theres no chance for Canero there.

Maybe Scowie could be on the left, Id love to see canero down the right wing

Alan_theLCFCloon said:
highland fox said:

Maybe Scowie could be on the left, Id love to see canero down the right wing

Did'nt Scowie play mostly on the left last time we were in the first?

there is more of team than last season, but better? i'm not sure.

players will be given more oppurtunity to show what they can do this year thats for sure.

we definitly have a better team than when we were promoted last time though. if we dont get romoted this term i will personally be very disappointed.

FOXFAN said:
there is more of team than last season, but better? i'm not sure.

players will be given more oppurtunity to show what they can do this year thats for sure.

we definitly have a better team than when we were promoted last time though. if we dont get romoted this term i will personally be very disappointed.

We would all be dissapointed, but there is no guarantee that we will, this league is alot harder than people think. Yes we have a very good chance with the team and manager we have, but we do not have a devine right to get promoted.

yeah i know. but in this division a massive part of success is made up of coaching/manager ability and motivation/passion for success.

things that city have always had a lot of. but we all know, Leicester never do things the easy way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757