Big 3 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

jas123

These are the big 3 games imo, qpr home, posh away, watford home, the 3 games are in a row, and with berner back from injury there is no reason we cant win the 3 games, getting 9 points from these would see us into the playoffs, so looking at it that way, we have nothing to lose at cardiff or west brom, play with no fear of losing and go all out for the 3 points in both games.

After our next 2 games, our run in is very generous imo. Which is why ~I'm not worried, personally.

'tis easy to focus on those three games and simply assume that they will get us out of any trouble

BUT, if we do lose to Cardiff and West Brom we would be going into them on the back of four straight defeats, which brings a complete lack of confidence and an absolute terror of what is to come. The pressure on the players would be enormous - particularly if Blackpool go and do Scunny on Saturday and/or Donny beat Plymouth. They then become games that we simply HAVe to win, or we're fecked

It's bollocks to those games, IMO - it's do whatever is necessary to get a point or two out of the next five days and do not place all of your fragile eggs in one dodgy basket

'tis easy to focus on those three games and simply assume that they will get us out of any trouble

BUT, if we do lose to Cardiff and West Brom we would be going into them on the back of four straight defeats, which brings a complete lack of confidence and an absolute terror of what is to come. The pressure on the players would be enormous - particularly if Blackpool go and do Scunny on Saturday and/or Donny beat Plymouth. They then become games that we simply HAVe to win, or we're fecked

It's bollocks to those games, IMO - it's do whatever is necessary to get a point or two out of the next five days and do not place all of your fragile eggs in one dodgy basket

:038:

Can i just point out that although Berner is a good player and clearly better than albino boy and Powell, he is only a left back.

People are acting as if he is our Rooney, Messi, Ronaldo and are counting down the days until he is fit.

Everyone mentions Posh and Watford yet they will be as equally as difficult as Cardiff and West Brom. Both have some left to play for in their season. Rather have the few clubs who are stuck mid-table.

Everyone mentions Posh and Watford yet they will be as equally as difficult as Cardiff and West Brom. Both have some left to play for in their season. Rather have the few clubs who are stuck mid-table.

Hasn't Jim Gannon already conceded that Posh are down?

Spot on.

I'm not confident of getting much out of our next two (would snap your hand off if offered two points). However, we have tended (both historically and this season) to play better against better (higher placed) teams.

We can win our home fixtures, all of the away ones look tough.

Can i just point out that although Berner is a good player and clearly better than albino boy and Powell, he is only a left back.

People are acting as if he is our Rooney, Messi, Ronaldo and are counting down the days until he is fit.

Brunooooooooo Brunooooooo, 1 week to go :icon_cool

McGivern is clearly not an albino and I am surprised to find anybody on here who would use the term in the way you have.

The pressure would increase if we get knocked out of our play-off place which cant happen until after the QPR game (win that and were transferring our pressure to our rivals) btw the same saturday i think Blackpool are at Newcastle!

The pressure would increase if we get knocked out of our play-off place which cant happen until after the QPR game (win that and were transferring our pressure to our rivals) btw the same saturday i think Blackpool are at Newcastle!

claps, some sense! :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00