Confirmed Transfer Bilal El Khannouss

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City Football Club have agreed terms with Genk for the transfer of attacking midfielder Bilal El Khannouss, subject to Premier League and international clearance.

The talented Morocco international has penned a four-year deal with the Foxes and
will link up with his new teammates ahead of Saturday’s game against Aston Villa.

El Khannouss moves to King Power Stadium having recently earned international honours by helping Morocco to a bronze medal at the 2024 Summer Olympics in Paris.

Speaking to LCFC.com, Bilal said: “I’m very happy. Leicester City is a big Club in England and it’s always a dream for a young guy like me to play in the Premier League so I’m very excited and I hope to achieve big things here.

“I talked with the manager, and I immediately had a good feeling with the Club. I’m really excited to meet my team-mates, to make great things with them and I hope, win a lot of games too.”

Born in Belgium, the highly regarded 20-year-old started his career with Anderlecht before moving to fellow Belgian side Genk in 2019, making his professional debut against Mechelen in May 2022.

The attacker’s performances in the Jupiler Pro League earned him a place in Morocco’s squad for the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar – going on to make his international bow in the Atlas Lions’ third-place play-off game with Croatia.

Bilal featured 51 times in all competitions for Genk last season and further established a reputation as one of the most exciting talents in Belgium’s top-flight.

Internationally, El Khannouss represented Belgium up to Under-18s level but later represented Morocco and has since won 14 senior caps for the Atlas Lions.

The player helped his country to the Under-23s Africa Cup of Nations title last year and enjoyed further success with his nation this July at the Summer Olympics, including a goal in a 6-0 win over Egypt in the Bronze Medal match.

Ffs not another winger…or summat like that.

Really excited for this one.

His cross-field passing is on point. That marauding right-back for Genk looks alright too.

Not sure where he goes, assume it means Buonanatte drops to the bench.

Exciting signing though, hope he can fit in quickly and make an impact - we need some added attacking flair.

Striker now please.

It's an odd signing in a position we aren't really struggling with. He comes highly rated in some quarters so hopefully, there's a decent player there.... I hope he's better than his numbers.

We’re throwing darts at a board with a load of names on, and paying insane prices regardless of who it is or what position they play

Most bizarre transfer window I’ve seen for some time

We’re throwing darts at a board with a load of names on, and paying insane prices regardless of who it is or what position they play

Most bizarre transfer window I’ve seen for some time
I suspect we might well be recruiting for the Championship next season. If it was down to me I'd certainly have more than one eye on that approach considering the likely points deduction.

Plus we're not exactly blessed with midfielders of the creative type so having 2 to choose from now can't be a bad thing I reckon.

I suspect we might well be recruiting for the Championship next season. If it was down to me I'd certainly have more than one eye on that approach considering the likely points deduction.

Plus we're not exactly blessed with midfielders of the creative type so having 2 to choose from now can't be a bad thing I reckon.
It would be the prudent thing to do. Basically what 90% of the clubs that come up now are doing.

Remember when we were champions and regularly featuring in Europe? ****ing hell.

I don’t see how we can judge signings when we don’t fully know how or who the manager wants to play…

Maybe he knows what he is doing and needs this exact position and skillset.

Also, we signed Mahrez when we had Knockaert, Gallagher, and Dyer (wasn’t a priority)

We signed Vardy when we had Nugent, Waghorn, Beckford

It doesn’t always have to be black and white. It’s an exciting signing, does everything have to prove how much you hate the way the club is?

Three quotes from The Athletic ….

Leicester see the 20-year-old, who has played nearly 100 senior games in Belgium and represented Morocco at the World Cup and Olympics, as a long-term investment.

His return of just four goals in total in his career, three of which came last season along with six assists, is an area he must improve.

he even refused to train at the start of this week in a bid to force the move through after Genk had rejected two initial approaches from Leicester.

Not sure I like that last paragraph too much.

Three quotes from The Athletic ….

Leicester see the 20-year-old, who has played nearly 100 senior games in Belgium and represented Morocco at the World Cup and Olympics, as a long-term investment.

His return of just four goals in total in his career, three of which came last season along with six assists, is an area he must improve.

he even refused to train at the start of this week in a bid to force the move through after Genk had rejected two initial approaches from Leicester.

Not sure I like that last paragraph too much.

I didn’t really like the one before it either….

So, we’ve bought a striker who, in one way or another goes on strike?

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Liverpool49
4Aston Villa49
5Brighton48
6Nottm F48
7Chelsea47
8Newcastle37
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46
11Bournemouth45