Bit of fun...

If you had the choice of one win / one loss in the 2 games v Chelsea which one would you take?

• FA Cup

• Premier League

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Lad

So we have two HUGE games coming up vs Chelsea.
Hypothetically (obviously), if we were to win one and lose one of those games which one would you like us to win.
Both games are monumental for different reasons....

I like a bit of fun bit I'm not playing this one. I can't decide. If losing the FA cup meant certain qualification for the CL then I'd take that. If it's just about beating Chelsea than I'd opt for losing in the league.

i want us to set up a ****ing great brick wall for the next 4 games including the cup final and play on the break.
3 draws over 90 minutes. An injury time shinner for the cup and a win vs a spurs side worried about fitness for euro 2020 will see us to double glory.
FA Cup winners and 4th place.
next game out v Man Yoo:

Schmeichel
Castagne Fofana Amartey Soyuncu Thomas
Ndidi Tielemans
Perez
Iheanacho Vardy

If anyone says anything other than FA Cup then I think Jeff should ban them
I think for the longer term future of the club, top 4 qualification is more important than the FA Cup.

Youri et al won’t hang around if we play Europa again, regardless of an FA cup

I think for the longer term future of the club, top 4 qualification is more important than the FA Cup.

Youri et al won’t hang around if we play Europa again, regardless of an FA cup
I'd rather have another trophy in the cabinet after this period of relative success inevitably collapses than 1 or two seasons in the group stage of the champions league.

The answer is obviously the FA Cup. It's a major trophy and we've never won it. If we win that I'll have seen my team win all three domestic trophies and that will do me fine thank you.

With regards to the alternative option in the poll, I've been as bad as anyone else seeking out the mega bucks from the Champions League but I think the whole ESL thing has changed the way I think about it all.

Do I actually give a shit if we're in the CL or EL? Making more money to pay our players even more money doesn't make the slightest difference to me. If Tielemans leaves, we'll replace him. One day, we'll get relegated too. We are Leicester City after all. What does it really matter if we finish 4th or 6th? It's good that my team is competing at the top of the PL but the bubble has burst for now at least.

I've seen us in the CL. I've seen us in the EL. I've seen us win the PL. I've seen us win the LC. There's only one left.

I just don't want to see us play so naively in defence again; FA Cup, CL, EL... whatever competition. I don't expect us to win everything (or even anything!) but I do want us to compete. If that brings us the FA Cup, even better.

I just don't want to see us play so naively in defence again; FA Cup, CL, EL... whatever competition. I don't expect us to win everything (or even anything!) but I do want us to compete. If that brings us the FA Cup, even better.
I fear that may all depend on the fitness of Evans

As a one off game, I'd have to pick the FA Cup

But if its a choice between winning the FA Cup or qualifying for CL? Hmm, much tougher choice.

I'd love the silverware, trophies are what matters to us as fans, and I'd like to see this season crowned with something. And it's the FA Cup and it's about time we won it.

But...

Champions League qualification does a lot more for us. It means players will stay. It allows us to attract better quality players. It gives us the chance to keep fighting for trophies and success. And with the mess of the big clubs right now, a chance for us to establish ourselves at that end of the table.

Tough choice. Its basically success now vs potentially sustained success.

FA cup win is a WIN! Getting to the CL is only a qualification to play 'Big' Clubs next year- and let's be realistic, we ain't going to win the CL, m'ducks

As a one off game, I'd have to pick the FA Cup

But if its a choice between winning the FA Cup or qualifying for CL? Hmm, much tougher choice.

I'd love the silverware, trophies are what matters to us as fans, and I'd like to see this season crowned with something. And it's the FA Cup and it's about time we won it.

But...

Champions League qualification does a lot more for us. It means players will stay. It allows us to attract better quality players. It gives us the chance to keep fighting for trophies and success. And with the mess of the big clubs right now, a chance for us to establish ourselves at that end of the table.

Tough choice. Its basically success now vs potentially sustained success.

FA cup win. Trophies are permanent. Champions League would be amazing again, but I’d rather have a big shiny FA cup in the cabinet.
Plus then you get to play in the ultimate game - the Charity Shield.

I chose FA Cup because knowing this lot even with a win at Chelsea in the league they’d nause it up against Utd and/or Spurs and find a way to finish 5th.

FA cup win. Trophies are permanent. Champions League would be amazing again, but I’d rather have a big shiny FA cup in the cabinet.
Plus then you get to play in the ultimate game - the Charity Shield.
It's the Community Shield.

I chose FA Cup because knowing this lot even with a win at Chelsea in the league they’d nause it up against Utd and/or Spurs and find a way to finish 5th.
I wish I could be sure of us finishing as high as 5th. There's got to be a drastic change of attitude for us to do that.

Sheffield Wed, Cov or Blackpool can still go down, we just have to match Southampton’s result and we’ll be fine. Trust in Ollie, he’ll know what to do at Stoke. Him and Pubis are mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263