Bradley Whitfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHS

I don't think this poor lad has been mentioned on the forum yet. He was killed on New Years night. He lived on my road and was stabbed just 2 minutes from my house. A very tragic incident, it really has affected everyone who I know that lives locally.

The story that was in The Sun:

THE family of a 16-year-old college student murdered in the early hours of New Year’s Day paid tribute today to their “lovely young lad”.

Bradley Whitfield died at the scene after being attacked with what is thought to have been a piece of broken glass near his home in Leicester.

A post-mortem examination conducted at the city’s Royal Infirmary yesterday established that he died as a result of a puncture wound to his neck.

In a statement released via Leicestershire Police on behalf of Bradley’s family, his father, Anthony Whitfield, said: “Bradley was a loving son, brother, grandson and nephew. Everyone that knew him said what a lovely young lad he was.

“Bradley had such a bright future ahead of him and we cannot begin to believe what has happened. We feel that we have been left with such a hole in our hearts.

“We are thankful for all the gestures of sympathy and offers of support, but we ask that we be allowed ’family time’ to grieve in private.”

But the 16-year-old was set upon near the gates of his school, just 400 yards from his home in Leicester. It is believed he suffered severe neck cuts.
Bradley was left dying in a pool of blood.

Witnesses told police they saw a local woman and two teenagers fleeing. The woman was heard shouting: “We’ve got to get away.”

A man aged 34, a woman aged 31, along with a 15-year-old girl and 14-year-old boy were being questioned yesterday.

Last night Bradley’s parents Rachel and Anthony, both 40, were being comforted by relatives. The family had planned to spend yesterday celebrating dad Mr Whitfield’s January 1 birthday. He runs the local adventure playground, his wife is a child-minder.

Friend Steve Carter, 55, said: “At about 5am I heard a row in the street and saw a woman running down the road. “She was screaming ‘we’ve got to get away!’ and had a child with her. I can’t believe it has happened to Bradley. He was a brilliant lad who would always wave and talk to you.”

Another pal, Shane Faulkner, 42, said: “Everyone is stunned. “He was a lovely lad who would do anything for anyone.”

Pals of Bradley — who had three half-brothers and a sister, Lucy, six — were yesterday leaving floral tributes at the scene. Others left messages saying RIP Bradley on their MySpace pages.

The motive for the attack is not known. A large area around the scene remained cordoned off last night as forensic experts looked for clues.

This type of thing happens way too much nowadays and sadly its no longer big news,what a horrible place we live in.:icon_sad:

From todays Merc

2007181.jpg

TRAGIC BRADLEY'S FINAL MOMENTS

11:03 - 05 January 2008

More details of the final moments of Bradley Whitfield have emerged, as four people appeared in court charged with his murder.

The 16-year-old was walking home from a party with three friends when he was involved in an altercation with another group outside Roxy Chippy, in Fosse Road South, Leicester, in the early hours of January 1.

Later, Bradley, of Hallam Crescent East, Braunstone, was found with a stab wound to his neck. He died from his injuries.

Four people, including a boy and girl both aged 15, appeared at Leicester Magistrates' Court yesterday, charged with his murder.

Darren Carr (34) and his partner Nicola Faulds (31), both of Caldecote Road, Braunstone, were remanded in custody accused of his murder.

The teenage co-accused, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were granted conditional bail. The four will next appear for a preliminary hearing at Leicester Crown Court on Monday, January 18.

The four defendants spoke only to confirm their names and addresses during the hearing.

A post-mortem examination revealed that the student died after suffering a 4in-deep neck wound, which severed a main artery.

Prosecutor Janet Hall told the court: ''It would appear that the fatal injury was caused by the use of a broken bottle.''

District Judge Richard Holland granted the two teenage defendants bail on the conditions that they reside at the given addresses, abide by a curfew between 6pm and 6am and do not contact each other or the other defendants.

One of the 15-year-olds, who has a bail address outside Leicester, is also banned from returning to the city except for court hearings and meetings with lawyers.

A house in Caldecote Road has been boarded up.

A spokesman for Leicester City Council, which owns the property, said: "This house is a council property and we have taken steps to install security screens on its doors and windows.

"This work was carried out yesterday. Police had previously been guarding the house.

"We have made the house secure to ensure the safety of it, and the neighbouring properties, in case it is targeted in any way."

Floral tributes continue to be laid at the scene of the teenager's death.

One read: "Brad, you're a star, mate. Forever miss you even though you will always be with us in our hearts.

"Missed a lot of things cousins do together, love Jack and Josh."

Another said: "To one of the nicest young lads I have ever met.

"So sad you are gone, we'll never forget you. RIP, love Faz, Laura and Lola-Mae."

Messages have been left by hundreds of well-wishers and scarves and flags have been tied to railings.

I know the victims dad,bit of a rough diamond but a good bloke all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46