Post Match Braga 3 Leicester 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely stuff, didn't deserve to lose that after a good second half showing.

Missed the 5th and 6th goals.

Worry about our attention to detail and desire in some games.

First half was stinking awful

Second half we were pretty decent

Lovely end to the game. Job done

What would we do without Vardy?

Defending was terrible for most of the match, summed up with their 3rd. From the pathetic Perez rolling around pretending he was injured rather than putting pressure on back line, to Fofana running with the pace of a 20 stone man and getting skinned so easily, to Evans’ terrible positioning.

But we’re through! And in a very strong position to finish top considering our goal difference.

Missed the 5th and 6th goals.

Worry about our attention to detail and desire in some games.
I felt tonight the biggest difference was Choudhury. He's too slow on the ball and doesn't ever seem to know his position. Put Mendy in there and think it's a different game. He frees Praet up a lot more, who I thought was holding back a lot today to cover Hamza.

Oh my Christ, me and my lad hi-fived that goal so hard I hurt my hand! But **** me that Man Jamie Vardy. A legend, forever, for our team

Good last goal? Had turned off after their third.

I felt tonight the biggest difference was Choudhury. He's too slow on the ball and doesn't ever seem to know his position. Put Mendy in there and think it's a different game. He frees Praet up a lot more, who I thought was holding back a lot today to cover Hamza.
That’s because Hamza isn’t a holding man, when he’s played with Tielemans they played like Drinkwater and Kante in their roles, tonight we asked Hamza to do it and he’s not good enough

Get outta jail that, even though I thought us worth the win. Our subs made all the difference, we looked a different team after Youri, Maddison and Vardy can on.

I deliberately wasn't critical of little Wes against Liverpool but he has to learn to not try and do so much; in his desire to be involved, he's getting pulled out of position. He needs to learn when NOT to do stuff.

We're through, and I'm chuffed. I reckon we've managed it as well as we could in honesty, though it is slightly disappointing to think how reliant we are on our 'stars'.

Job done.

We didn't play well again but there was some fight at least. Tielemans made a big difference when he came on. Schmeichel saved us a few times. I can't really say anyone else did a lot to improve their standing in the squad though. Ugly displays from Praet, Choudhury, Iheanacho, Fuchs, Barnes and Justin.

I'd totally write off next weeks game and only send those recovering from injury and the back up players. We need to now extract the benefit of going strong early in the group. We've got 7 PL matches in 29 days now so those two EL matches as well need to be an after thought.

TBH we celebrated a draw like it was a win. The whole game had draw written all over it but I saw this as a cancel 0-0 not 3-3. Brenda played his cards and Youri, Madders and Vards were game changing. I said to my lad, not many people get to support a team like Leicester, we are unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263