Brendan Rodgers appointed manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty good wordageing from Mr Rodgers, though he did sound like a man who had made a bet to fit in the phrase “like I say” as many times as possible.

Dion made me laugh.

I reserve the right to hop back over the fence at any time, but I am on board. Stay tuned.

The phases of life.

You start off as a kid going to football and these players seem so big and powerful. My first match was City against QPR and Bob Hazell was sent off and walked past me. He was like a giant. Then you wake up one day and the players are the same age as you.

You then hit that point at which players seem to be from a different generation. For some, dreams of being able to 'get out there and show them how it's done' have to be given up. For me, this happened around the Craig Levein time. Shit players, but they were still younger, fitter and stronger than me.

I've just hit that next realisation. Now the manager is younger than me. The man in the dug out when I first went was Jock Wallace. He seemed so old but I now realise that he was younger than I am now back then. And Brendan Rodgers is our first permanent manager that was born after me.

Come to think of it, there are a lot of similarities between Wallace and Rodgers. Both unexpectedly joined us from a Glasgow 'giant'. In both cases, there was gossip about fallouts with the board at the previous club leading them to be keen to come south. Both like developing young players. Both had a habit of getting players to buy into their methods. Both knew how to inspire supporters. I'm surprised that none of the journalists have used that example in their articles about Rodgers.

Anyway, back to the point of the post. I'm getting fecking old. Although it's through tragic circumstances, the fact is that the man now in charge of the club is 33. He was born the summer we sold Lineker for fecks sake.

Although it's through tragic circumstances, the fact is that the man now in charge of the club is 33. He was born the summer we sold Lineker for fecks sake.

And he deserves a special mention. Looking at the picture of him and Rodgers signing contracts, he seems to have grown up and matured massively since the loss of his father. We are in safe hands.

It's like when you get dumped by an amazing girl for another. You feel sick, can't imagine the time without her, your waking hours consumed with anger and jealously knowing she's going to be having fun someone else - and you miss her so much you want to kill her... anyway, that's what a close friend said.
I think we have the same "close friend" Wonderful bloke he is & definitely didn't deserve it...

The phases of life.

You start off as a kid going to football and these players seem so big and powerful. My first match was City against QPR and Bob Hazell was sent off and walked past me. He was like a giant. Then you wake up one day and the players are the same age as you.

You then hit that point at which players seem to be from a different generation. For some, dreams of being able to 'get out there and show them how it's done' have to be given up. For me, this happened around the Craig Levein time. Shit players, but they were still younger, fitter and stronger than me.

I've just hit that next realisation. Now the manager is younger than me. The man in the dug out when I first went was Jock Wallace. He seemed so old but I now realise that he was younger than I am now back then. And Brendan Rodgers is our first permanent manager that was born after me.

Come to think of it, there are a lot of similarities between Wallace and Rodgers. Both unexpectedly joined us from a Glasgow 'giant'. In both cases, there was gossip about fallouts with the board at the previous club leading them to be keen to come south. Both like developing young players. Both had a habit of getting players to buy into their methods. Both knew how to inspire supporters. I'm surprised that none of the journalists have used that example in their articles about Rodgers.

Anyway, back to the point of the post. I'm getting fecking old. Although it's through tragic circumstances, the fact is that the man now in charge of the club is 33. He was born the summer we sold Lineker for fecks sake.

We must be similar ages then.

But you shouldn't be surprised at the lack of comparisons between Rodgers/Wallace. The harsh truth is that outside Leicester nobody remembers it...& of course it was a very, VERY long time ago :(

As an aside, I've warmed to Brendan already. At Stringer's question I quite clearly saw a flicker in the eyes that said: " You waited 15 minutes & THAT'S your question? ****ing tool"

& that despite obviously knowing in advance what it was going to be.

Get used to it mate. Every time he opens his mouth the internal twat alarm is going to start beeping.

It's an innate response. Probably programmed into human DNA since Neanderthal times at least.

Top 4 is ambitious, but I certainly think we can catch the top 6.

If Chelsea do have to endure their transfer embargo for the next 2 years I genuinely believe we can overtake them. And that that should be our goal.

This is pretty interesting. Several of the points stack up with known facts, such as Rodgers being offered a job in China last summer.

In essence, it is suggesting that Rodgers was preparing to leave Celtic for Leicester (or possibly Newcastle) last summer. Speculation from journalists that have proved to be 'in the know' did suggest that we considered recruiting Benitez, Rodgers and Wagner last summer.

The events of the last week seemed far too quick to be out of nothing. It's quite likely that Rodgers has been on stand by and ready to take over for some time. It was just a question of how long we'd persist with Puel.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...pWZa_PPFY5zKhE5lzfuOdaFcVwqrQc_lyFvajrlPOzy-4

News coming in that Brendan's house in Glasgow has been broken into and items stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757