New Contract Brendan Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if you predict it will....

Can’t believe we’ve given this ****ing chancer a 5 year contract and a pay rise. Should have kept Puel at least the football was entertaining even if the results weren’t always great. Hope this fraud fails upwards again soon so we can get Pearson back or a proper manager like Eddie Howe.

Can’t believe we’ve given this ****ing chancer a 5 year contract and a pay rise. Should have kept Puel at least the football was entertaining even if the results weren’t always great. Hope this fraud fails upwards again soon so we can get Pearson back or a proper manager like Eddie Howe.
You’re not Micky....

Not if you predict it will....
It is bound to. It always happens. A big fat new contract and lots of hysteria. People start to take their eye off the ball and become complacent. The wheels fall off.

This puts an end to the recent speculation and will do much to improve how BR is thought of in terms of loyalty.

He's been a sensational appointment and I'm delighted to see what happens next.

On the other hand, manager contracts are meaningless and if he wants another opportunity, he'll still go.

Go and buy yourself a glass BN, it’s all part of the process.

Apparently he's now the third highest paid manager in the League. Statement of ambition from the club.

Wow, a new contract after just 9 months is some statement.

I'm sure it's a huge payrise, but it's also a shwo of commitment from Rodgers because it prices him out of moves elsewhere too.

Excellent. I think he's the perfect fit for us now and our vision going forwards, and with the new training ground on the horizon it's exciting times ahead.

Just need Top and Susan to get the stadium extended so that more of us can go and watch our Champions League elect team!

A great signal sent out to all our young players.
“I believe in you, and I’m not going away any day soon, let’s do this!”
Villa beware :)

Makes perfect sense to me. I'm sure many clubs including ourselves have bought a house for whoever is their manager. The last thing a new manager wants is to have to scrabble around looking for somewhere to live.
Leicester city used to own several homes around Leicestershire and at least one block of 5 flats in Stoneygate, largely used by younger players or for short periods by seniors. I know at least some were sold after administration.

I have intel that Dennis Praet is buying a house in Seagrave.

If this is true its laughable, as if a millionaire salary isnt enough.
Widely reported about a month ago. £3.75M. Klopp lives there rent free but pays tax on the rental value as with any benefit-in-kind.

Makes perfect sense to me. I'm sure many clubs including ourselves have bought a house for whoever is their manager. The last thing a new manager wants is to have to scrabble around looking for somewhere to live.

he already lives there though.

I see it as pampering, if you start a job somewhere, do they buy a house for you?

I have thought about it a bit more and its probably tax related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757