Post Match Brentford 1 Leicester 1

Soumare…**** me. Awful.

One more point than I was expecting, so I can’t be too displeased with that.

2nd half was much better, we actually fought for the ball and tried to make things happen. Unfortunately we're lacking true creativity.

Madders shouldn't have played, looked 50% from the start, typical Rodgers.

Souttar was probably our best player I'd say.
Castagne was good.

We need a new goalkeeper, top striker, creative attacker, CB, and a Tielemans replacement.

Oh and a new manager.

Decent point. Could have been more but he took Ndidi off for some ****ing Odd reason.

Good point.

We gave as good as we got there against a side that have an outstanding home record.

I thought Souttar came of age without Faes alongside him. Faes just races about and isolates his partner but at least Amartey stays put. Personally, I'd not bring Faes back in.

I didn't understand the changes we made but I don't know the fitness levels. I thought we were at our best before the changes started.

Pretty solid away performance and not many teams have got much from there this season.

Shame we couldn't nick it but we didn't really create enough to win it but certainly didn't deserve to lose it.

Soumare coming on instead of Mendy was ridiculous.

Vardy and Praet didn't really offer anything more than Daka or Tete.

First away draw of the season, we just need to improve on our home form now.

Tielemans and Kristiansen to come back after the break and I think we look solid enough, but not spectacular.

Take that point all day long, but a bit more quality would have had us take all three as they were complete bobbins in that second half

All three subs killed us off, sadly - Praet was hopeless, Vardy is finished and Soumare isn’t even a ****ing footballer, let’s be honest. A bigger hopeless shithouse we have not seen for some time. Mendy would have moved the ball around and made us tick, but the hopeless twat keeps bringing this ****ing useless lump on game after ****ing game after ****ing game.

We died a complete death when the changes were made

Souttar the best player on the pitch by a country mile

And Barnes’ best game for some time, I thought - and KDH

Disgraceful tackle on KDH that. Nasty. Shame really, that was ours to win second half.

It's a good point. Brentford have been excellent, especially at home and are chasing a top six place. We have no confidence whatsoever and were on the back of a five match losing streak.

Souttar has been a real, and possibly only, success story this season. He was excellent again today. Castagne was also very good. Barnes, KDH and Ndidi all looked much, much better as well.

Taking Ndidi off was incredibly odd. Even if it was a fitness issue, why replace him with a ****ing useless lump of nothingness? Mendy would have been a much better option. I also thought Tete was better in the second half as he was helping us move at pace. Swapping him for Praet was another ludicrous decision.

I know lots won't agree but I think Vardy must start. He has fight that we need and neither Daka or Nacho have that. There is absolutely no point whatsoever in him coming on when we are already in the shit or when we have taken off our better players and replaced them with brainless slugs. He genuinely could not have been worse than Daka. Nobody could.

I know lots won't agree but I think Vardy must start. He has fight that we need and neither Daka or Nacho have that. There is absolutely no point whatsoever in him coming on when we are already in the shit or when we have taken off our better players and replaced them with brainless slugs. He genuinely could not have been worse than Daka. Nobody could.

What more evidence do you need?

Vardy has appeared in every single PL match this season. No other player has.

He's been selected as the starting striker more than any other striker - he's had loads more minutes than either Iheanacho or Daka.

Vardy has scored once.

He's been dogshit all season. He's done. If he was a pet you'd put him down. Just because he used to be great, doesn't mean he is now.

It's a good point. Brentford have been excellent, especially at home and are chasing a top six place. We have no confidence whatsoever and were on the back of a five match losing streak.

Souttar has been a real, and possibly only, success story this season. He was excellent again today. Castagne was also very good. Barnes, KDH and Ndidi all looked much, much better as well.

Taking Ndidi off was incredibly odd. Even if it was a fitness issue, why replace him with a ****ing useless lump of nothingness? Mendy would have been a much better option. I also thought Tete was better in the second half as he was helping us move at pace. Swapping him for Praet was another ludicrous decision.

We should also get Walshie in for Amartey and bring Neil Lennon in for Ndidi.

Vardy is past it!

Rodgers on selecting Iversen "it was a tough decision but one I needed to make. Iversen is now number one and it's his position".

He sounded very much like he has known that Ward wasn't good enough for some time but felt he owed it to him to give him a long run in the side. Which is madness.

Last edited:
Souttar man of the match again for me. First half was really quite crap. Second half better. Perhaps annoyingly so as it will keep that hopeless feckwit in a job for yet another week....

We came out and pressed a lot better in the second half and the equaliser gave us a further boost. What I really hate is those last 10 minutes where you felt we could probably pinch the three points but did a Brendan and spent a fair chunk of that time passing it across the back four again.... wasting the time away.

I can’t help feeling deflated after that one. Which is better than the usual anger/despondency I usually feel.

I fully expected Brentford to score with 10 men.

Souttar had his best game for us. Totally agree that the subs killed us.

What more evidence do you need?

Vardy has appeared in every single PL match this season. No other player has.

He's been selected as the starting striker more than any other striker - he's had loads more minutes than either Iheanacho or Daka.

Vardy has scored once.

He's been dogshit all season. He's done. If he was a pet you'd put him down. Just because he used to be great, doesn't mean he is now.
I've already said why bringing him on later in games is a waste of time. I can't be bothered to repeat it again.

He has started 11 games I think. How many of those were in front of a midfield without Maddison? In how many did he get the service he should have? In how many of them would Nacho or Daka have been any better?

I'm not saying he's the answer to it all. I've been saying forntwonyears now that we needed ro buy a striker but posters including you kept saying that we didn't need to because Nacho and Daka would be enough. I'm not saying he hasn't declined as a player. All of that is bound to be the case but we need a player now who will show the fight and resilience to want to win games. Nacho isn't that man; his head drops faster than your heart when you see an eticket. He's so fragile as we saw in his disastrous appearance against Southampton. Daka hasn't got an ounce of talent so he's not going to help. Starting with Vardy or Vardy and Nacho together is the only sensible thing to do.

Rodgers on selecting Iversen "it was a tough decision but one I needed to make. Iversen is now number one and it's his position".

He sounded very much like he has known that Ward wasn't good enough for some time but felt he owed it to him to give him a long run in the side. Which is madness.
That's a bold thing to say. Good luck to him.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854