Post Match Brentford 1 Leicester 1

Rodgers on selecting Iversen "it was a tough decision but one I needed to make. Iversen is now number one and it's his position".

He sounded very much like he has known that Ward wasn't good enough for some time but felt he owed it to him to give him a long run in the side. Which is madness.
Iversen should have been the number one at the start of the season. Many of us were saying it back then. I’m not convinced by him, but at least he isn’t the absolute garbage Ward.

Brentford didn't play as my reading (Berkshire) suggested. I wasn't expecting the 'stick it in the mixer, route 1' stuff. I thought both sides were a bit shit really. I'm not really sure if we play with any notion of positions, as so often when they were in possession we seemed to be everywhere other than we're we ought be. And we're complete pants in front of goal. Tbh, I have no fekkin idea how we're supposed to be playing. It makes for entertaining viewing I suppose. As does Madders when he subs himself off, with much hand gesturing and chuckles.

But what the hell, a points a point and it wasn't one I was expecting.

Feel better about it all this afternoon than I did yesterday
Yep, 3 points would obviously been better but it was a good point and we should take confidence that even 11 v 11, we looked the more likely to nick it in that second half.

Good point to stop the rot, something to build on and means we won't be stewing in the relegation places for the break.

Hopefully Tielemans and Kristiansen back after the break too.

I thought we did well and the first half was not nearly as bad as some on here are suggesting.

We lacked a cutting edge and a focal point up front. But we know that. We all also know that we can argue about Vardy, Nacho or Daka but none are the answer and if we go into next season with those 3 as the only options we're buggered.

With Madison and Barnes we've always got a chance of scoring a goal. And if we're going to stay up we need them firing.

Rodgers on selecting Iversen "it was a tough decision but one I needed to make. Iversen is now number one and it's his position".

He sounded very much like he has known that Ward wasn't good enough for some time but felt he owed it to him to give him a long run in the side. Which is madness.
I didn’t get to watch today. How was he?

Didn't really have much to do tbh so hard to give a real assessment but he distribution was a bit shit a few times.

Couldn't blame him for the goal after seeing the replay.

Definitely deserves another chance.

We were ok first half (I didn’t see the second half). We were a bit crap going forward and obviously very nervous.

That said Brentford weren’t exactly tearing us to shreds. Not sure we were good but we weren’t awful. It wasn’t our job to take the game to Brentford, the opposite is true.

I still maintain that Vardy isn’t finished but he can’t play the lone striker role “on the shoulder” any more.

My guess is that he hates Brendan and won’t play for him particularly as he plays him in the lone striker role.

Overall, fairly happy with the point as I didn’t see this as a game where we would gain a point.

So what changed in the second half? Had to be somewhere so stopped watching at half time.

Really good point, I’d have snapped your hand off for that this morning.

Didn't do anything especially right or wrong.

However, if you can remember the days when you didn't shit yourself every time the opposition were within 25 yards of our goal, it was a bit more like that.
Cheers. I’ll take that as signs of improvement

There was a moment when the through ball beat an out stretched Harry, just outside our box, allowing their forward in on goal, but then Daniel was at the edge of his box to pick the ball up
Not sure any of our other keepers would have been there
Also one great punch out from a corner

All three subs killed us off, sadly - Praet was hopeless, Vardy is finished and Soumare isn’t even a ****ing footballer, let’s be honest. A bigger hopeless shithouse we have not seen for some time. Mendy would have moved the ball around and made us tick, but the hopeless twat keeps bringing this ****ing useless lump on game after ****ing game after ****ing game.

We died a complete death when the changes were made
Having just watched the game, one of the commentators could not believe it when he saw we were making changes. He made a big point of stating there was no need and kept saying... Why!

I still maintain that Vardy isn’t finished but he can’t play the lone striker role “on the shoulder” any more.

My guess is that he hates Brendan and won’t play for him particularly as he plays him in the lone striker role.
I'd say he's nowhere near alone of hating Rodgers, I'd even say a vast majority can't stand him.

Alright, we didn’t lose but we need wins. Brentford have had a great season and but they didn’t break a sweat today. We continue to look limp as **** going forward and once again the manger made us worse with his substitutions. I don’t see either of those things changing.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854