Post Match Brentford 1 Leicester 1

Conte is asking to get sacked by spurs. Fingers crossed.....

Garry Birtles, I believe. He’s probably the worst commentator in football, if not sports.
Any commentator who pauses the action to talk through their career can get in the ****ing bin. Just like this dullard gammon did today relating Pinnock’s non league experience to his own.

Garry Birtles, I believe. He’s probably the worst commentator in football, if not sports.
He annoyed me more than anything that happened on the pitch. Not a commentator, simply a moaning old git with a tendency to self-aggrandise and possibly a dislike for us. His near constant calls for Vardy showed just how out of touch he is.

I thought we deserved 3 points, especially in the second half, we were ticking along nicely, getting more and more control of the game....so BR decided to change things, which was weird? Souttar (aka the back four) looks good. It's great living in Oz, it's a way of bringing Aussies round to Leicester ....maybe fox exiles living in Scotland feel the same?

My view of the game.

Iverson: had very little to do and the goal took 2 deflections so can't really be blamed for it, jury is still out on him.

Castagne: usual solid performance very vanilla, no mistakes but nothing that stood out

Souttar: my MOTM very solid and read the game well, the fact Toney was kept quiet says a lot.

Amartey: He actually played ok didn't make any howlers and kept it simple.

Ricardo: did well against Henry as going down the left was Brentfords main tactic, the second half Brentford were sitting behind the ball for the majority of the half

Ndidi: I thought he played well, broke up play and protected the back four, he also made himself available in the middle when the ball was played out from the back

KDH: thought he was sloppy in possession giving the ball away and dithering on the ball when a fast break was on, but then made the tackle and pass that created the goal, from then on he was excellent passing, harrying, and non stop running, if he was more consistent he would be a fantastic player.

Tete: did absolutely nothing and then danced around 3 Brentford players in the box, then Rodgers took him off.....

Maddison: always wanted the ball and tried hard to make things happen, got booked for pulling a Brentford player back more frustration than anything, he's clearly not fit and was subbed, good pass for Barnes goal

Barnes: I thought Barnes played very well gave Hickey a torrid time l, almost scored with a trademark cut in from the left and right footed shot at the far post, took his goal very calmly.

Daka: shit. Didn't do anything, I don't see how he fits into Leicesters team, as we don't have a 1st choice number 9 we need to change the formation to suit the players.

Vardy: he's finished at this level nowhere near the player he once was

Praet: Did absolutely nothing but he was played out of position wide right.

Soumare: OMG he was bloody awful, gave possession away and was lucky not to have been sent off, quickly got a yellow and then pulled a Brentford player back which was what Maddison got booked for.

Nacho: not on long enough to comment.

Rodgers: whatever he said at half time worked but then made bizarre substitutions in his usual 66 minute time slot, why take off Ndidi and Tete when we were on top and looked like scoring a second, Tete had just waltzed through the Brentford defence and Ndidi was controlling the middle of the pitch, putting on Soumare gave the incentive back to Brentford.

I wonder how good some of Leicesters players really are because playing under Rodgers it's hard to tell if they are poor or it's his poor tactics and coaching that is the problem.

It was another game where it was more of 2 points lost as opposed to 1 gained.

I thought we deserved 3 points, especially in the second half, we were ticking along nicely, getting more and more control of the game....so BR decided to change things, which was weird? Souttar (aka the back four) looks good. It's great living in Oz, it's a way of bringing Aussies round to Leicester ....maybe fox exiles living in Scotland feel the same?
We didn’t deserve 3 points. How many saves did their keeper have to make? How many chances did we create? A draw was the right result.

My view of the game.

Iverson: had very little to do and the goal took 2 deflections so can't really be blamed for it, jury is still out on him.

Castagne: usual solid performance very vanilla, no mistakes but nothing that stood out

Souttar: my MOTM very solid and read the game well, the fact Toney was kept quiet says a lot.

Amartey: He actually played ok didn't make any howlers and kept it simple.

Ricardo: did well against Henry as going down the left was Brentfords main tactic, the second half Brentford were sitting behind the ball for the majority of the half

Ndidi: I thought he played well, broke up play and protected the back four, he also made himself available in the middle when the ball was played out from the back

KDH: thought he was sloppy in possession giving the ball away and dithering on the ball when a fast break was on, but then made the tackle and pass that created the goal, from then on he was excellent passing, harrying, and non stop running, if he was more consistent he would be a fantastic player.

Tete: did absolutely nothing and then danced around 3 Brentford players in the box, then Rodgers took him off.....

Maddison: always wanted the ball and tried hard to make things happen, got booked for pulling a Brentford player back more frustration than anything, he's clearly not fit and was subbed, good pass for Barnes goal

Barnes: I thought Barnes played very well gave Hickey a torrid time l, almost scored with a trademark cut in from the left and right footed shot at the far post, took his goal very calmly.

Daka: shit. Didn't do anything, I don't see how he fits into Leicesters team, as we don't have a 1st choice number 9 we need to change the formation to suit the players.

Vardy: he's finished at this level nowhere near the player he once was

Praet: Did absolutely nothing but he was played out of position wide right.

Soumare: OMG he was bloody awful, gave possession away and was lucky not to have been sent off, quickly got a yellow and then pulled a Brentford player back which was what Maddison got booked for.

Nacho: not on long enough to comment.

Rodgers: whatever he said at half time worked but then made bizarre substitutions in his usual 66 minute time slot, why take off Ndidi and Tete when we were on top and looked like scoring a second, Tete had just waltzed through the Brentford defence and Ndidi was controlling the middle of the pitch, putting on Soumare gave the incentive back to Brentford.

I wonder how good some of Leicesters players really are because playing under Rodgers it's hard to tell if they are poor or it's his poor tactics and coaching that is the problem.

It was another game where it was more of 2 points lost as opposed to 1 gained.
Completely agree that it was 2 points lost.

KDH is consistently not good enough for the Premier League. If we stay up and ever get this mythical rebuild, and if we actually want to improve, he can’t be anything more than a rarely used squad player.

Surely 3 of their players were offside when the ball was played forward from the corner when they scored?
That’s how I saw it. And if one of them had scored the goal would have been disallowed, presumably. But because a different player took the shot it was allowed to stand. I don’t see what I’m missing but clearly I no longer understand the offside rule.

That’s how I saw it. And if one of them had scored the goal would have been disallowed, presumably. But because a different player took the shot it was allowed to stand. I don’t see what I’m missing but clearly I no longer understand the offside rule.
Matt Elliott was saying the same thing. Not even checked apparently. Not saying we deserve it, but we haven’t caught much of a break recently either (Chelsea handball, Man U not red card)

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854