Pre Match Brentford v Leicester (FA Cup R4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kasper

Justin
Fofana
Soyuncu
Thomas

Mendy
Choudhury

Under
Perez
Barnes

Iheanacho

The fact we have rotated heavily due to injuries has been a massive plus, no matter how many changes BR makes they have all had regular first team football. I would like to see Thomas and Under to be given a full 90 mins in this one, I agree Cags must surely be a cert to start to start with Ricardo.

Do we have any young talent that could be on the bench and replace Nacho around 70 mins?

There's no reason this team of reserves shouldnt beat Brentford. Play the other formation we've been using, give a run out to everyone needing match fitness and give everyone else a day off.

Ward
Amartey Soyuncu Fuchs
Ricardo Mendy Choudhury Thomas
Ünder Perez
Iheanacho​

I do think people are underestimating our intent with the FA Cup. Not saying I agree with the approach, but it’s clear Rodgers is ready to fight on 3 fronts.

There will definitely be some rotation and I expect the following:

Soyuncu to start
Ricardo to start
Vardy to be rested

But I think there’s a chance that’s the extent of the changes. I fully expect Wilf and Youri to play, for example

There's no reason this team of reserves shouldnt beat Brentford. Play the other formation we've been using, give a run out to everyone needing match fitness and give everyone else a day off.

Ward
Amartey Soyuncu Fuchs
Ricardo Mendy Choudhury Thomas
Ünder Perez
Iheanacho​
That is still a pretty good second team. All of them will be used at some time in the next few months, given the fixture congestion, so a run-out at Brentford will be a bonus.

Kelechi seems so defeated in this interview. I couldn't resist playing him just to cheer him up.

He's probably a really nice bloke. There's certainly nothing about his manner and demeanor to suggest otherwise. And I appreciate he could well be at a low ebb.

Tbh, I truly want him to do well. If he does well then that helps the team - and I want that, so by extension I support him. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see him bag a hat trick on Sunday. I will be more than happy to change my opinion of him as a footballer.

Nacho definitely needs a hug before a game. Maybe even a reach around or something. His game is usually determined by how good his first pass or control of the ball is.

Match stats​

• Brentford are winless in their last seven meetings with Leicester in all competitions (D1 L6), most recently a 1-0 home loss at this stage of the FA Cup last season.
  • Leicester have progressed from all four of their FA Cup ties against Brentford, doing so in January 1936, February 1947, February 1949 and January 2020.
  • Brentford have been eliminated from 12 of their past 13 FA Cup ties against top-flight opponents, with a 2-1 victory over Sunderland in January 2006 the exception in this run.
  • Since returning to the Premier League in 2014, Leicester have reached the FA Cup fifth round in four of the previous six seasons, failing only in 2015-16 and 2018-19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757