Pre Match Brentford v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rate Barnes super highly. I think Lookman is going to be nearly as good aswell.
However, while we are playing 3 at the back to accommodate the lack of Fofana and Ndidi, and while Maddison is playing so well to feed the front two we need to keep the shape as it is.
When we have Fofana and Ndidi back I think we will see Barnes and Lookman back in the line up for certain games. Until then I think it will be sub appearances.

Schmeichel
Amartey Evans Soyuncu
Ricardo Tielemans Soumare Castagne
Maddison
Iheanacho Vardy

Subs: Ward, Daka, Barnes, Lookman, Vestergaard, Choudhury, Thomas

I rate Barnes super highly. I think Lookman is going to be nearly as good aswell.
However, while we are playing 3 at the back to accommodate the lack of Fofana and Ndidi, and while Maddison is playing so well to feed the front two we need to keep the shape as it is.
When we have Fofana and Ndidi back I think we will see Barnes and Lookman back in the line up for certain games. Until then I think it will be sub appearances.
I'd say we playing 3 at the back to accommodate Nacho. Barnes doesn't have a position in 352 and so quite rightly is on the bench. Great player to be able to bring on and it's great to see a strong bench/squad.

That has already been corrected....
Incorrectly, I may add.

Back to football, Brentford will win this. We'll battle but they'll be stubborn and see out a 1-0 win.

And their main weakness being?

They've got a good keeper. I don't see anything else that they're good at. They've had a couple of good away results at West Ham and Wolves which has inflated several other mediocre performances.

They don't have enough pace, there is no talent in the centre of the pitch and their two forwards miss too many chances. Just like Leeds last year and Sheff Utd the year before, they have started well because they play in a style that is unfamiliar to opponents and PL sides are nothing if not slow to learn.

Just like with the other two sides, Brentford will get found out soon enough. They'll have a midtable season this year but start to sink in the second half of the season and then they'll go down next year.

Brentford Schmentford.

Beat Arsenal, Drew with Liverpool and would have got something off Chelsea the other day were it not for a goalkeeping masterclass. Overrated maybe but shit is certainly inaccurate ....

Beat Arsenal, Drew with Liverpool and would have got something off Chelsea the other day were it not for a goalkeeping masterclass. Overrated maybe but shit is certainly inaccurate ....
To be fair, BN says everyone is shit.

They've got a good keeper. I don't see anything else that they're good at. They've had a couple of good away results at West Ham and Wolves which has inflated several other mediocre performances.

They don't have enough pace, there is no talent in the centre of the pitch and their two forwards miss too many chances. Just like Leeds last year and Sheff Utd the year before, they have started well because they play in a style that is unfamiliar to opponents and PL sides are nothing if not slow to learn.

Just like with the other two sides, Brentford will get found out soon enough. They'll have a midtable season this year but start to sink in the second half of the season and then they'll go down next year.

Brentford Schmentford.
That's great for when we play them next season. Unfortunately, today's game is this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757