Brexit

Pints of Carling unavailable ???

Oh no, what an absolute ****ing catastrophe

Pints of Carling unavailable ???

Oh no, what an absolute ****ing catastrophe
You're not thinking this through. If they can't get a drink in Wetherspoons, the clientele will emerge into the sunlight and mix with us all. The beer keeps them at bay. (I'll still definitely drink there on a night out because you can't beat a £1.60 pint, obviously).

The lack of HGV drivers wasn't caused by Brexit it was caused by the government closing the IR35 tax loophole that the majority of EE drivers used, the government closed it at the same time as Brexit and once the HGV drivers realised they would have to pay tax and go PAYE they just went home, its just convenient to blame it on Brexit.

The lack of HGV drivers wasn't caused by Brexit it was caused by the government closing the IR35 tax loophole that the majority of EE drivers used, the government closed it at the same time as Brexit and once the HGV drivers realised they would have to pay tax and go PAYE they just went home, its just convenient to blame it on Brexit.

No, it's caused by Brexit with mitigating factors of Covid, IR35 and an aging population of drivers with no new recruits

The Road Haulage Assocation say it's Brexit, the Financial Times say it's Brexit. Pretty much every reputable source says it's Brexit

even the Daily Mail says it's Brexit....

>Lorry driver and factory staff shortages attributed to Covid pandemic and Brexit

No, it's caused by Brexit with mitigating factors of Covid, IR35 and an aging population of drivers with no new recruits

The Road Haulage Assocation say it's Brexit, the Financial Times say it's Brexit. Pretty much every reputable source says it's Brexit
The road haulage association is detached from driving reality and I'm sure the financial times has vast experience on hgv driving.
In the real world our company lost 29 EE drivers all giving the reason that IR35 has ended so the tax advantages of working in the UK isn't there any more so might as well go back home, not 1 single driver has gone because of Covid or retired, driver recruitment is a daily discussion on our teams talk.
I work with our HGV drivers pretty much every day in the refinery so I hear it directly.

The road haulage association is detached from driving reality and I'm sure the financial times has vast experience on hgv driving.
In the real world our company lost 29 EE drivers all giving the reason that IR35 has ended so the tax advantages of working in the UK isn't there any more so might as well go back home, not 1 single driver has gone because of Covid or retired, driver recruitment is a daily discussion on our teams talk.
I work with our HGV drivers pretty much every day in the refinery so I hear it directly.

ok, so we've established you know more about haulage than the RHA and more about how the economy functions than the FT

and i think we've established you're not going to quote a source to back you up and we're down to anecdotal personal *evidence*

is IR35 a thing in Northern Ireland? where they don't have shortages?

I know right, who could have forseen all these things going wrong?

It's almost as though Project Fear is...Project Here
To be fair, there was no way anyone could have predicted that suddenly abandoning all the old procedures with no plan to replace them with anything could have gone spectacularly wrong.

Yeah, but at least we got rid of them there immigants

The bastards

Yeah, but at least we got rid of them there immigants

The bastards

coming over here, driving our lorries, staffing the NHS and picking our crops for pittance

so your whole logic for going against all the reputable new sources blaming Brexit is....nobody has mentioned it at your work?

oh well, checkmate, you got me

i mean nobody mentioned gravity at work today..... maybe i'll float off the earth

ok, so we've established you know more about haulage than the RHA and more about how the economy functions than the FT

and i think we've established you're not going to quote a source to back you up and we're down to anecdotal personal *evidence*

is IR35 a thing in Northern Ireland? where they don't have shortages?
I just know that 29 drivers left our company purely for the ending of IR35 Brexit or old age had nothing to do with it.

Other than posting the interview exit forms from all 29 drivers on here, no I don't have any evidence.

If it was all Brexit then surely ever single EU citizen would of just gone back to their mother land, unless they were already in PAYE employment and it made no difference. If you were an HGV driver and your wages were suddenly cut by 20% then why would you stay.....

so your whole logic for going against all the reputable new sources blaming Brexit is....nobody has mentioned it at your work?

oh well, checkmate, you got me

i mean nobody mentioned gravity at work today..... maybe i'll float off the earth
I don't need logic for blaming Brexit I had to do 14 exit interviews and they all said the same thing. Nobody mentioned Brexit because it wasn't a factor.

I'll say it once more so it sinks into your skull

THEY LEFT BECAUSE OF IR35

unless they were already in PAYE employment and it made no difference.

but it DOES make a difference because you need a visa to work in the UK

I don't need logic for blaming Brexit I had to do 14 exit interviews and they all said the same thing. Nobody mentioned Brexit because it wasn't a factor.

I'll say it once more so it sinks into your skull

THEY LEFT BECAUSE OF IR35

and i'll say this to you until it sinks into your skull

it's predominantly Brexit and the fact that a few exit interviews said IR35 doesn't disprove it

it's predominantly Brexit and the fact that a few exit interviews said IR35 doesn't disprove it
Yep talking with colleagues and friends some of which I have known for over 10 years and them all saying IR35 clearly isn't good enough.

There's no point in continuing this conversation with you as you have read a few articles online so they must all be true, maybe you voted remain and you still haven't accepted the result so will just keep blaming everything on Brexit. keep your tinfoil hat on and you'll be safe.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463