Brian Hughes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOB HAZELL

MA has been after him before, now that Birmingham (Leics 2nds :wink: ) are releasing him, could he be a target? would he want to join? could we afford him? etc etc.......

Very good player and would be a quality signing, however whether he'd sign on the dotted is a different story!

I would love us to sign him, we need to be ambitious, bollocks to the other premiership teams if we have a game plan he might want to join in.

Reuser would be a good signing too, but he looks certain to go back to Holland.

Hughes would be just what we need - An attacking, goal scoring midfielder with a touch of quality. Although, as said by others, he will most likely go to a Premiership side..... :(

Ambition, big promotion bonuses and i don't see why we can't sign anyone within reason who aren't getting regular first team action in the prem.

Scowcroft said:
Reuser would be a good signing too, but he looks certain to go back to Holland.

Hughes would be just what we need - An attacking, goal scoring midfielder with a touch of quality. Although, as said by others, he will most likely go to a Premiership side..... :(

I agree, very talented footballer. He was immense for Ipswich a few seasons ago.

Dave you are right, we need to be selling our ambition to potential players. We are a big club, fantastic ground and fans we can get some in.

dave said:
Ambition, big promotion bonuses and i don't see why we can't sign anyone within reason who aren't getting regular first team action in the prem.

Valid point, cheers Dave. If we are ambitious then we should be making some impressive signings. If we can offer the promotion bonuses, which I presume we can, then I would have thought some better than expected players at the club next year.

Joe_Fox said:
dave said:

Valid point, cheers Dave. If we are ambitious then we should be making some impressive signings. If we can offer the promotion bonuses, which I presume we can, then I would have thought some better than expected players at the club next year.

We need to get ourselves abroad, that's where the quality is for fcvkin free.

Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:
dave said:

We need to get ourselves abroad, that's where the quality is for fcvkin free.

Latvia - it's the future.

Ukraine - plenty of talent there, did you see that bird that won the Eurovision..... :wink: :wink:

He wasn't being released from his contract he refused a new contract!!

Malf said:
Babylon said:

Yeah isn't his contract up though?

It is indeed... though as he refused to sign a new one i presume he has something bigger than LCFC lined up unfortunately.

Babylon said:
Malf said:
Babylon said:

It is indeed... though as he refused to sign a new one i presume he has something bigger than LCFC lined up unfortunately.

I doubt it, Birmingham have pissed him about and he doesn't regularly get in. He has done more this season, but the season before he hardly got a kick.

Babylon said:
Malf said:
Babylon said:

Possibly not.

With Bruce bringing in new players, he probably won't be guaranteed first team football. With Leicester, he would be more or less certain of that.

Scowcroft said:
Babylon said:
Malf said:
Babylon said:

Possibly not.

With Bruce bringing in new players, he probably won't be guaranteed first team football. With Leicester, he would be more or less certain of that.

I heard portsmouth were interested in him a while ago...?? Then again they are interested in everyone.

To be honest I'd be surprised if he did sign for us, although it's not that unlikely. Guaranteed first team football, nice new stadium, not to far to travel.

Surely (like Dave says) we've got to be able to offer some decent bonuses etc...I guess we'll soon find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757