Pre Match Brighton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
BR said that Fofana is fine but nobody else will be available of those injured.

I'm sure he'll revert to a four at the back. The extra man was sensible against Burnley due to their aerial threat, but not necessary against Brighton.

I'm expecting:

Schmeichel
Castagne Fofana Soyuncu Thomas
Ndidi Tielemans
Ricardo Iheanacho Albrighton
Vardy

Spot on. Can't even see a different option really. I suppose Amartey in for Thomas and move Castagne to LB. Could see him wanting that so he can switch systems to a back 3 if he wants.

Under clearly not in consideration.

Could see him wanting that so he can switch systems to a back 3 if he wants.
I reckon BR does like to have options to switch it around on the pitch if necessary. Makes sense clearly but I have to be honest, it's not something that I think about!

Completely agree with the suggested line up.

We started off with a back 5 against Brighton and then switched after 30 mins. If he starts with a 5 against Brighton again , I’m switching off.
What will you do instead?

Referee: Michael Oliver.
Assistants: Stuart Burt, Simon Bennett.
Fourth official: Keith Stroud.
VAR: Stuart Attwell.
Assistant VAR: Andy Halliday.

Same as always

Pot Noodle and a wank
Well going by his last few comments it will be an angry wank and he'll be disappointed with the performance.

We'll win this one. We may have a threadbare team but Brighton have got the 'Shit Arsenal' identity and if Wilf is playing they can't walk it in.

It won't be pretty, but I do think we'll scrape it.

... Remember when we used to hope to win these games with a full-strength side?!
Wilf was playing against the other ‘Shit Arsenal’ last week and they pretty much walked all over us.

Before the Burnley game he said he had to get creative. Well I would creatively drop Vardy. The injuries are hampering us enough without playing with 10 men.

Even worse with 9 1/2 men when Choudhury is playing too (the half is because he does influence the game - negatively)

Schmeochel

Ricardo
Fofana
Soyuncu
Castagne

Ndidi
Tielemans

Under
Tavares
Albrighton

Ihenacho

Yeah, but who are ‘shit Brighton’ , that’s the question ?

Maybe we could beat them ?

Well, despite our injuries and a draw with Burnley not being a great result, we've still got a great chance this season don't we?

11 games to go, we're sat in 3rd and the teams around us aren't exactly flying right now either...

Hopefully the team sees the opportunity, and can see the chance to cement a top 4 place rather than thinking about last season's disappointing end. If we can get through the next few weeks and then get Maddison and Praet back for example, there's a great chance for us

Before the Burnley game he said he had to get creative. Well I would creatively drop Vardy. The injuries are hampering us enough without playing with 10 men.

Even worse with 9 1/2 men when Choudhury is playing too (the half is because he does influence the game - negatively)

Schmeochel

Ricardo
Fofana
Soyuncu
Castagne

Ndidi
Tielemans

Under
Tavares
Albrighton

Ihenacho
Nacho needs someone upfront with him to be effective he scored a screamer mid week this does not make him the answer to our problems. If Vardy needs a rest then fair play rest him although, we are no where near the same attacking threat without him, Nacho does not provide the same movement I don't think intellectually (football intelligence) he knows how to.

Tavares does not look like he is up to much but it is early in his career he will need a consistent run of fixtures before anyone can say he is good enough, I take it we can not recall Josh Knight back from Luton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3776
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3961
7Coventry City3860
8Hull City3859