Pre Match Brighton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evans is our most important defender. For me he is a definite starter alongside Fofana. Trouble is we have neither of them fit and available.

Is he going to whip them into shape with his walking stick?
Better that than both of them running around like headless chickens.
Huth made Morgan better. If you can’t see that Evans has the same effect on Soyuncu then we’re watching different games.

Better that than both of them running around like headless chickens.
Huth made Morgan better. If you can’t see that Evans has the same effect on Soyuncu then we’re watching different games.
I agree, but if Evans can't get over this foot injury we're up shit creek without a paddle.

I don’t think Evans gets anywhere near our best back 4 anymore
I’m sorry what?
You might be sorry, but it's absolutely true. Unless, or until, he can shake off this foot injury he will be beaten time and again, on the turn and by anybody with a little pace.

None of our defenders seem to have any idea where to be or what to do without him marshalling them.
That's true. But with him not being otherwise worth a place, it really does leave us with a problem.

Head-to-head

• Brighton could lose three successive league games at home to Leicester for the first time.
  • Leicester are unbeaten in all eight Premier League meetings with Brighton (W6, D2) - their longest run without losing against any side in the competition.
  • The Foxes beat the Seagulls on three occasions last season, winning twice in the Premier League and also in the FA Cup fifth round.
Brighton & Hove Albion

• Brighton's tally of nine points is their highest at this stage of a top-flight season.
  • They have already won three league fixtures, having taken 19 games to do so in 2020-21.
  • Albion's defeat at home to Everton in August was a first in seven league matches at Amex Stadium.
  • The Seagulls have kept 11 clean sheets in 2021 - only Manchester City and Chelsea, with 15 apiece, have kept more in the calendar year.
  • Brighton have won all five Premier League matches in 2021 in which Leandro Trossard has scored.
Leicester City

• Leicester have lost five of their past eight Premier League fixtures (W3), the same number of defeats they sustained in their previous 24 matches.
  • They have kept just one clean sheet in their past 10 league games. Both teams have scored in each of Leicester's last nine top-flight away fixtures.
  • The Foxes have recorded a league-low 29 shots this season. They're averaging just 7.3 shots per game, more than five fewer than last season.
  • Leicester's last five Premier League games played on Sundays have produced a total of 23 goals.
  • Striker Jamie Vardy could become the first Leicester player to reach 250 Premier League appearances in this match. He's already the Foxes leading appearance maker, goal scorer (120) and assist provider (39) in the Premier League.

You might be sorry, but it's absolutely true. Unless, or until, he can shake off this foot injury he will be beaten time and again, on the turn and by anybody with a little pace.

Whereas.....Soyuncu?

It sounds shit but I’m not going to watch it. For the first time in ages I just don’t want to. I don’t want to get hyped up and then feel pissed off during and after the game. I’d rather be happy. I’ll go to the park with the little un or play the piano instead. It’s not worth wrecking my Sunday when my heart isn’t in it right now.

It sounds shit but I’m not going to watch it. For the first time in ages I just don’t want to. I don’t want to get hyped up and then feel pissed off during and after the game. I’d rather be happy. I’ll go to the park with the little un or play the piano instead. It’s not worth wrecking my Sunday when my heart isn’t in it right now.
That's lucky because it's not being broadcast on the television in this country anyway.

Good, **** off out somewhere, you steaming great Jonah

I think we need to shift things about this weekend to get some impetus into a prety 50/50 early season.

Schmeichel
Castagne Vestegaard Soyuncu
Ricardo Ndidi Tielemans Bertrand
Iheanacho Vardy Barnes

Yes what recent success do we have to point to for this side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757