Pre Match Brighton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just pondering.

Some say that Daka wasn't very good, some say other.
Could it be worth seeing if his performance against a team like Brighton (and Hove Albion) is different than against Napoli?

I understand that he didn't really get good service anaginst Napoli and it's unlikely that he will get more than a few mins, if any, against BHA anyway, but just a thought.

Our manager was very clear that this season was all about getting up to speed for Mr Daka. Some on here need to remember this.

Our manager was very clear that this season was all about getting up to speed for Mr Daka. Some on here need to remember this.
ffs, Alex, we've talked about this. Players can be shit, or not shit. They are the only two options. Put your nuance and logic in the bin.

Is he shit or not?

Just pondering.

Some say that Daka wasn't very good, some say other.
Could it be worth seeing if his performance against a team like Brighton (and Hove Albion) is different than against Napoli?

I understand that he didn't really get good service anaginst Napoli and it's unlikely that he will get more than a few mins, if any, against BHA anyway, but just a thought.
Some wanted to drive Vardy to WBA when they offered £5m for him.

Evans is our most important defender. For me he is a definite starter alongside Fofana. Trouble is we have neither of them fit and available.
Then get used to not seeing him again. If he hasn't recovered from it since May then he isn't going to.

ffs, Alex, we've talked about this. Players can be shit, or not shit. They are the only two options. Put your nuance and logic in the bin.

Is he shit or not?

Well he was shit against Napoli, that’s for sure.

Now that doesn’t mean that he’s always going to be shit - and you can actually be shit one week, and not shit the next.

He may well learn from being shit in that game, and develop to the point where he’s not shit, and maybe continue to be not shit for the rest of his career. Or he may always be shit. That is to be seen

But right now, we can only pass judgement on the one full performance that we have seen - and that was ****ing shit

Well he was shit against Napoli, that’s for sure.

Now that doesn’t mean that he’s always going to be shit - and you can actually be shit one week, and not shit the next.

He may well learn from being shit in that game, and develop to the point where he’s not shit, and maybe continue to be not shit for the rest of his career. Or he may always be shit. That is to be seen

But right now, we can only pass judgement on the one full performance that we have seen - and that was ****ing shit
I wasn't impressed by him either but I wasn't particularly impressed with Leicester full stop. Perhaps that should also be taken into consideration.

Referee: Stuart Attwell.
Assistants: Dan Cook, Simon Long.
Fourth official: Graham Scott.
VAR: Peter Bankes.
Assistant VAR: Wade Smith.

Is he shit or not?
This is such a boring argument. No one said in any post anywhere that he is a shit player. Some folk who bothered watching the game against Napoli said he played rubbish. He did. He was garbage. Whatever the reason and whether he will become an excellent addition is irrelevant to that observation.

This is such a boring argument. No one said in any post anywhere that he is a shit player. Some folk who bothered watching the game against Napoli said he played rubbish. He did. He was garbage. Whatever the reason and whether he will become an excellent addition is irrelevant to that observation.
Facts.

Whoosh. Pure facetiousness, not being remotely serious !!

If selected, Jamie Vardy will become the first Leicester City player to reach 250 Premier League appearances. He’s the Foxes' leading appearance-maker, goal scorer (120) and assist provider (39) in the competition.

Today begins a run of five matches in two weeks, four of which are away, and each time we'll be favourites to win.

So far this season, we've stuttered and stumbled along. The odd decent spell in games, surrounded by mediocrity.

If we're serious about maintaining or improving our position as fifth best team in the league, we need to put some wins together.

Big game today.

Schmeichel

Castagne
Vestergaard
Soyuncu
Bertrand

Pereira
Ndidi
Tielemans
Barnes

Iheanacho
Vardy

Today begins a run of five matches in two weeks, four of which are away, and each time we'll be favourites to win.

So far this season, we've stuttered and stumbled along. The odd decent spell in games, surrounded by mediocrity.

If we're serious about maintaining or improving our position as fifth best team in the league, we need to put some wins together.

Big game today.

Agree, I think the next few weeks are where we'll start to see the shape our season will take.

I have a feeling we'll stutter a bit as we try to get the rotation right and even more so due to the defensive injuries. I really think missing Fofana and the ongoing fitness issues for Evans could seriously derail our season.

So I'm looking for a big performance from Vestergaard today, and Soyuncu to look more assured alongside him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757