Pre Match Brighton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal as 3 of the first 5 matches. He deserves Brighton. Not winning that means he's gone most probs. However it would surprise me if the boses gave him one more if we draw. Either way, for the first march this season, I'll be watching on the tele live.

Think about this way, if we win then 3 points. If not then he's gone. Win-win.
So, we base the future of our club on what happens in one game? That's a ridiculous strategy and an incompetent way to run a business. If a Brighton player wallops one in his own net in the 90th minute and we win 1-0, then he stays. If the ref awards the dodgiest penalty in the history of football and we lose, then he's gone. C'mon.

Didn't Brighton go something like 10 games without a win last season??

Man Utd, Chelsea,
A Chelsea team who their own manager says is too easy to play against. A Chelsea team who were beaten by Leeds and Southampton when they had 11 men. And a Man United team that is average at best whom we didn't lay a glove on. Yes, we did play those two teams.

So, we base the future of our club on what happens in one game? That's a ridiculous strategy and an incompetent way to run a business. If a Brighton player wallops one in his own net in the 90th minute and we win 1-0, then he stays. If the ref awards the dodgiest penalty in the history of football and we lose, then he's gone. C'mon.
I didn't make these rules! I just believe that if we win, he keeps his job for now.

Didn't Brighton go something like 10 games without a win last season??
Then some of our fans were ridiculing other of our supporters that wanted Potter in then for BR.
Probably same ****s that want him in.

A Chelsea team who their own manager says is too easy to play against. A Chelsea team who were beaten by Leeds and Southampton when they had 11 men. And a Man United team that is average at best whom we didn't lay a glove on. Yes, we did play those two teams.

All of this is true, however Manchester Utd and Chelsea possess the squads to be devastating on their day and thus are considered to be on another level to us and therefore get a bit of a free pass when we lose against them. Doesn't really make sense to me, I guess it's just a blanket-accepted thing within the game. I don't think it's right but I believe it will be used here.

All of this is true, however Manchester Utd and Chelsea possess the squads to be devastating on their day and thus are considered to be on another level to us and therefore get a bit of a free pass when we lose against them. Doesn't really make sense to me, I guess it's just a blanket-accepted thing within the game. I don't think it's right but I believe it will be used here.
League 2 Stockport are an irresistible force too.

Rodgers’ last game?

Rodgers’ last game?

You have to wait for ten games, apparentky, otherwise it’s designated as bed-wetting

Theme’s the rules, I’m afraid - nothing you can do about it

You have to wait for ten games, apparentky, otherwise it’s designated as bed-wetting

Theme’s the rules, I’m afraid - nothing you can do about it
Who wrote that rule book? Sounds made up to me.

There's no hiding place any more for BR. It seems he has lost all faith in the club and perhaps vice-versa. It does seem that the players are still working hard for him but how long will that last, especially if Vardy's dagger stare was anything to go by? Win, lose or draw this game, I'm not sure it'll be enough to rectify what has become an impasse between the club hierarchies and him.

For what it's worth, I would go:

Ward
Castagne
Faes
Evans
Justin
Barnes
Maddison
Tielemans
Albrighton
Daka
Vardy

But let's be honest, we know it'll be five at the back with Amartey and one, poor, hopelessly isolated bastard up top with Vardy.

Referee: Tony Harrington.
Assistants: Simon Long, Steve Meredith.
Fourth official: Andre Marriner.
VAR:Chris Kavanagh.
Assistant VAR: Mark Scholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881