Pre Match Brighton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Head-to-head

• Brighton took four points from Leicester last season, twice the number they managed in their previous eight Premier League meetings, when they managed only a pair of draws.
  • The Foxes have failed to score in one of their 10 Premier League meetings with the Seagulls and have scored in all five of their away games against them in the competition.

Brighton & Hove Albion

• Brighton have the meanest defence in the Premier League this season, conceding just three goals.
  • The Seagulls have won six of their last nine Premier League games played on Sunday (W6, D3), having won only seven of their first 24 matches on that day in the competition.
  • Pascal Gross has been involved in four of Brighton's six Premier League goals so far this season, scoring three and assisting one. Two more goal involvements would make him the first Seagulls player to register 50 Premier League goals or assists.

Leicester City

• Leicester have kept a clean sheet in only one of their last 28 Premier League away games, but have also failed to score just twice in that run.
  • They have scored 188 goals in their 110 Premier League fixtures on Sundays and conceded 179 - the highest total number of goals-per-game (3.3) for any team on a specific matchday.
  • Defeat would see Brendan Rodgers lose five successive top-flight matches for the first time in his career.
  • Jamie Vardy is set to play his 276th Premier League game, equalling Kasper Schmeichel as Leicester's record appearance holder in the competition.

We owe these slimy feckers for the scandalous defeat there last season.

Maybe use that as motivation Brendan?

If losing gets him the boot then I reluctantly hope it happens,

Don't give a **** if anyone thinks I'm a **** for it either.

I'm excited to see what you're next avatar will be. Must drive you mad seeing that picture every time you post.

Well even if people think you're a ****, at least you aren't a thick ****, or are you? I just don't know. It's all just too hard!

Have seen rumours it will be Daka and Nacho today up front, Vardy not starting.

While it might be justified on form, interesting it comes after Vardy's death stare (and presumably words?) to Rodgers last time out.

I don't think it's the wrong decision to bench Vardy (based on form), falling out with him usually only ends one way for a manager...

Dukkah and nachos. Interesting.

Have seen rumours it will be Daka and Nacho today up front, Vardy not starting.

While it might be justified on form, interesting it comes after Vardy's death stare (and presumably words?) to Rodgers last time out.

I don't think it's the wrong decision to bench Vardy (based on form), falling out with him usually only ends one way for a manager...
Unless you can prefix that comment with 'the word on the street is' [read FoxesTalk] - I'm not sure I can take it seriously.

Ndidi is now first choice CB, no room for Soyuncu, Amartey or Vestergaard.

Thomas now first choice LB over Castagne.

Vardy “rested”

Soumare now cemented in the side.

Maddison on the right.

Faes doesn’t start.

I understand some agree with the Vardy thing, but it’s often the last roll of the dice of an exiting manager. We’ve seen it before.

Ndidi is now first choice CB, no room for Soyuncu, Amartey or Vestergaard.

Thomas now first choice LB over Castagne.

Vardy “rested”

Soumare now cemented in the side.

Maddison on the right.

I understand some agree with the Vardy thing, but it’s often the last roll of the dice of an exiting manager. We’ve seen it before.
It's complete madness and the sign of a manager on his way.

It would have been his 3rd start in 7/8 days if he started so it could just be a fitness thing, especially considering his age.

It would have been his 3rd start in 7/8 days if he started so it could just be a fitness thing, especially considering his age.
Fair point. He has been substituted in numerous matches this season, though.

Surely a must win for Rodgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758