Match Thread Brighton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd bring on Albrighton for Maddison at half time. If we're keeping this shape.

And obviously Thomas has to be replaced.

Worst game we’ve seen from Maddison for ages. Horrible stuff

My arse twitches like Poirot's moustache when Ndidi goes to challenge in the box. He's definitely going to give a penalty away today.

They struggle so much to turn and go forward. Our best moments are when Youri turns and plays a forward pass, but they seem so ingrained to play the way they are facing that we get in such problematic positions.

Barnes is leaving too much for Thomas to cover he has to track back into his box much more.
Incredibly unfair on Barnes. Thomas can't cover where he needs to because he can't run, seemingly. He looks painfully out of shape.

If we had a centre back that wasn't Amartey on the bench, I'd bring them on for Barnes to add to the defence, but also get Maddison central so we can control the ball more to get it into our front 2

Pretty telling that we kept the ball in play even if it was really risky rather than letting it go for a corner. We are very very vulnerable from anything swung in.

Well. I have absolutely no faith we wont concede at least one more goal.

Ward and Thomas are now in the Amartey “manager is doing a disservice to the player” territory. They need to be protected.

Castagne for Thomas is the only sane next step.

Iversen deserves to play against Villa. Ward looks genuinely terrified.

Incredibly unfair on Barnes. Thomas can't cover where he needs to because he can't run, seemingly. He looks painfully out of shape.
Just watch what Barnes is doing he is stopping in an area to hide just outside our box he may be coached to do this. Thomas is having to pick up the player out wide and the midfielders bombing forward, this is also dragging Tielamans over which is allowing Brighton to move the ball as they please.

If Barnes locks off the space we will be more solid just an observation, Potter has seen it and exploited it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757