Post Match Burnley 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Barnes was out best player. Nobody else showed anything like the quality we need. It was an incredibly poor performance and one which showed our obvious weaknesses. We are desperate for a winger and a left back. We also need a striker and another CB. What's more concerning though is the pedestrian way we are playing. It's almost as if most of them really can't be bothered and are happy stealing a living whilst players like Albrighton who genuinely works hard, are left to sit on the bench.

There needs to be shake up and Rodgers has to stop protecting them all. He needs to shout and scream and tell them how utterly unacceptable that level of performance is. At the moment, it really wouldn't surprise me to see Villa beat us midweek and that would be an absolute disgrace. We have to invest, that much is clear, but we must also make sure that players are not stuck in a comfort zone simply because of our current league position. Unfortunately, that's what it looks like at the moment.

I thought Barnes was out best player. Nobody else showed anything like the quality we need. It was an incredibly poor performance and one which showed our obvious weaknesses. We are desperate for a winger and a left back. We also need a striker and another CB. What's more concerning though is the pedestrian way we are playing. It's almost as if most of them really can't be bothered and are happy stealing a living whilst players like Albrighton who genuinely works hard, are left to sit on the bench.

There needs to be shake up and Rodgers has to stop protecting them all. He needs to shout and scream and tell them how utterly unacceptable that level of performance is. At the moment, it really wouldn't surprise me to see Villa beat us midweek and that would be an absolute disgrace. We have to invest, that much is clear, but we must also make sure that players are not stuck in a comfort zone simply because of our current league position. Unfortunately, that's what it looks like at the moment.
I’d be amazed if Villa beat us midweek. Agree with the rest though.

Perhaps offer pizza for a clean sheet and a pay rise for demonstrating you haven’t lost your bollocks over Christmas.

Burnley manager Sean Dyche speaking to Sky Sports: "I think the ****in' kickin' it was ****in' key. We spoke before the game about the Burnley ****in' way. Kick . . . kick it harder . . . elbow the bastards . . . ugly is best.

"Every season is a massive season for us. It's likely that teams like ours will have a tough run of results 'cos we're ****in' awful. We have had that and we have ****in' come out of it today cos they were ****in' awfuller. Do you know how much Leicester spend? ****in' loads. Kickin' costs ****in' nothing."

On performance of Nick Pope: "He's a top goalkeeper, but he doesn't ****in' kick it enough. He saved a penalty without ****in' kicking it which is obviously wrong. I'm off now to punch the flash ****in' ****."

Burnley manager Sean Dyche speaking to Sky Sports: "I think the ****in' kickin' it was ****in' key. We spoke before the game about the Burnley ****in' way. Kick . . . kick it harder . . . elbow the bastards . . . ugly is best.

"Every season is a massive season for us. It's likely that teams like ours will have a tough run of results 'cos we're ****in' awful. We have had that and we have ****in' come out of it today cos they were ****in' awfuller. Do you know how much Leicester spend? ****in' loads. Kickin' costs ****in' nothing."

On performance of Nick Pope: "He's a top goalkeeper, but he doesn't ****in' kick it enough. He saved a penalty without ****in' kicking it which is obviously wrong. I'm off now to punch the flash ****in' ****."
It's as if I were there.

Just got back.

Complete naive bollocks from a team that is so utterly soft it's painful to watch.

The only bite and dynamism we had in the middle of the pitch was inexplicably subbed off incorrectly, yet again.

James Maddison is a diving, soft cheat and I'm getting sick and tired of watching him back out of tackles and flop over like he's been shot. When the ref doesn't buy it he's putting us under pressure.

On the whole it was a performance of very little quality or determination against a side so ****ing clueless that we should still have won.

Concerning all round

18 “efforts” at goal
8 on target
Their keeper was named MotM
Don’t think we were as bad as some are making out.
You realise that we have just lost to Southampton and Burnley having drawn with Norwich and Aston Villa which was on the back of shipping 7 goals in two games, don't you? We were awful today and have been on the slide for a while. Whilst we are in the top 4, these cracks will be papered over but if we continue with this form, it won't be long before we run out of 'oh wells' and 'neverminds'.

Nacho should start next game. He came on and actually looked forwards. So much sideways shit it's unbelievable. They had more direction than we did...pissing about then either float a shit cross in to their keeper or take a tame shot from range.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we are really missing Ndidi. When is he back?

Barnes played well today but Ricardo right wing I'd go with
Barnes did well in parts he is absolutely clueless when getting back into position, he was constantly ball watching something that is taught to 8 year olds! Both Barnes and Perez are killing us we are playing with 9 men and we have been found out and more importantly worked out. As others have stated on here it is fine when you dominate possession however, when the play breaks down you must put a shift in and get back into position. Barnes is unable to do this and more importantly he lacks the desire to win the ball back.

According to Lako, I apparently need to offer an opinion, and so here it is.

Results started to tail off after the Villa game. We were poor against Norwich and it's continued. Some may argue that we were poor against Villa, I disagree, but that's the joy of opinions.

Up until Villa, there was little outside pressure. The media were actively ignoring us and our rise. It became a running joke, it was that obvious. Post Villa, Rogers and others gave interviews about being ignored and the media hype ramped up considerably. I've just found reports calling it a two horse race etc immediately after those interviews and that match. There was also the added pressure of it being a record breaking victory, Vardy being on another scoring run etc.

In my humble opinion, the pressure got to the players at the worst possible time. We went into the Liverpool and Man City games under that pressure. Suddenly the media were talking about us catching Liverpool and leaving Man City behind. Other than Kasper, Evans and Vardy, none of our regular first team have experience of playing at that pressure. It's not about having so many first team games (Barnes, Chilwell etc) or even Premier League games. It's about knowing how to deal with the pressure of having to win every time you step out there. That's hard to do with 8, mostly young, players new to that.

The same youthful confidence that served us so well leading up to the dip is equally fragile and susceptible to knocks.

What really pisses me off, and is a reflection on society as a whole, is how everything must be black and white. Nobody is allowed to make mistakes and learn or move on. Look at Stormzy with his accurate, but misreported, comment on racism. It wasn't enough for large swathes of society and the media to be given the correct context, there were demands for him to be dropped from labels and kicked off shows. It's the same with us. Chilwell has shown on many occasions he's a more than capable left wing back for this team. He's also shown on many occasions he has weaknesses that hinder that. He can't possibly be a young player trying to cope with the extra mental pressure and adapt his game and still be learning, he's "dogshit", or should be sold for whatever we can get.

So, my opinion Lako, is that the players have struggled with the pressure and played themselves into a bad run of form. None of them are shit (if they are, you'll need to think of a different word to describe Alan Maybury going forwards), as they clearly weren't when they drove us to second.

As a group we weren’t playing terribly, a few individual performances disappointed, although Burnley were showing a bit of muscle in the middle of the park, their equaliser came out of pretty much nothing when they should have been 2 down.

I still had confidence that we would go on and win, a lack of urgency and composure let us down. Also when Burnley sat deep we looked clueless and knocked around the area and out to the wideman, there was no way a ball over the top was going to work.

controversial opinion but had we had a Slimani in the squad this might have suited him. Instead we bring on Nacho.

As a group we weren’t playing terribly, a few individual performances disappointed, although Burnley were showing a bit of muscle in the middle of the park, their equaliser came out of pretty much nothing when they should have been 2 down.

I still had confidence that we would go on and win, a lack of urgency and composure let us down. Also when Burnley sat deep we looked clueless and knocked around the area and out to the wideman, there was no way a ball over the top was going to work.

controversial opinion but had we had a Slimani in the squad this might have suited him. Instead we bring on Nacho.
We did carve them open and they were playing a high line providing space for Vardy to run into, BR should IMO have started with Albrighton for this one, he is more direct and looks to put Vardy in at the earliest opportunity, we do not always have to play and create the perfect goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757