Pre Match Burnley v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
That may be our salvation; that every other team is equally crocked and knackered, games become 'least shit' deciders. Or we could sign Dork-o-vich (Nadal may not pass a drugs test)
This might not be such a bad idea, only signing people who’ve done well at Wimbledon. Andy Murray, Pete Sampras, Laura Robson etc. Anyone got Carl Cort’s number?

We will win these next two games comfortably. Brenda and the players have been through a massive slip once last season, I’m sure they’ll learn from it and bounce back from the last two games.

A weakened side should still have enough to beat Burnley and Brighton. It could be a blessing in disguise because with the likely inclusion of Nacho and a makeshift defence we’ll play a more reactive, direct style.

Get Fuchs in for some height and experience. We’ll be fine.

We will win these next two games comfortably. Brenda and the players have been through a massive slip once last season, I’m sure they’ll learn from it and bounce back from the last two games.

A weakened side should still have enough to beat Burnley and Brighton. It could be a blessing in disguise because with the likely inclusion of Nacho and a makeshift defence we’ll play a more reactive, direct style.

Get Fuchs in for some height and experience. We’ll be fine.

It's breaking them down that is going to be the problem.

Without Madders we seem totally devoid of creative play in the final third.

It's breaking them down that is going to be the problem.

Without Madders we seem totally devoid of creative play in the final third.

That's what worries me. We've often struggled to break teams down who want to defend deep and try and nick a goal.

We've got better at it I think, but without Maddison and Barnes, we're without probably our 2 most creative players.

We massively need to keep Tielemans safe, but also hope that Vardy, Ricardo and Castagne come into form.

I do think/hope the players will be toughened by last year's experience though and be determined to not let it slip away again, so I hope we see a siege mentality and a determined performance in this one.

So at no point this season have we been able to field our strongest team.

Kasper

Soyuncu X
Evans X
Fofana X

Justin X
Ricardo X

Tielemans
Ndidi X
Maddison X

Barnes X
Vardy X

I've put an X next to anyone who has suffered a relatively significant injury. It's mental.

I'd have thought Fofana, Justin and perhaps Barnes were never "X'ed" as being in our strongest team until given a run of games to get up to speed.

Admittedly the reinforcements (Under, Thomas, possibly Daley-Campbell) who might step up look a bit lacking at the moment, but needs must and I live in hope.

Maybe we'll struggle to break them down but then maybe, under the circumstances, 0-0 will suit us.

Maybe we'll struggle to break them down but then maybe, under the circumstances, 0-0 will suit us.

I would suggest anything other than a loss would be a palette cleanse.

If we lose and pick-up more injuries then i'm afraid it's curtains.

If we lose and Tielemans gets injured I think I might actually cry.

It’s a 90 minute football match every 3 days.

Try watching the tennis someday.
Sports science states elite athletes require a minimum of 72 hours recovery to perform at their optimum level, the fixture list is daft and it is creating injuries.

Head-to-head

• Burnley have won three of their past four home league games against Leicester, following a run of just two victories in 13 meetings at Turf Moor.
  • However, Leicester could complete their first top-flight double over Burnley. The Foxes last won this fixture home and away in the Championship in 2012-13.
  • Leicester have won just three of their 26 top-flight away games against Burnley.
Burnley

• Burnley have won once in seven Premier League games, drawing three and losing three.
  • They have failed to score in all five home league defeats this season.
  • There have been 24 goals scored in 13 Premier League matches at Turf Moor this season, the lowest return of any ground.
  • Chris Wood has scored in three successive Premier League appearances against his former side Leicester.
  • Wood could become just the second Premier League player to score in four successive matches against a former club. Craig Bellamy did so against Newcastle United between 2007 and 2011.
Leicester City

• Leicester have sustained consecutive defeats in all competitions for the first time since December.
  • They could lose three matches in a row for the first time under manager Brendan Rodgers.
  • The Foxes' record of nine Premier League wins on the road is the joint-highest of any team, along with Manchester City.
  • Leicester have recorded 62 away points in two years under Rodgers. Only Manchester City (79) and Liverpool (77) have won more in that time.
  • They have won all eight Premier League away fixtures this campaign when scoring the opening goal.
  • Midfielder Youri Tielemans has scored six goals for Leicester in the Premier League this season, matching his combined tally from his previous two campaigns at the club.
club.

Definitely a very telling match for our top 4 prospects. If we've got what it takes to grind out a win here I hope we can just about pull through. A defeat or even a draw and I think we will definitely see a repeat of last season. Keeping in mind they beat liverpool at Anfield and they will know exactly how to counter us with physicality and a low, low block we shouldn't take them lightly.

It's the set pieces that will make or break us - restrict them as much as we can and deal with the one we do face and we will be halfway to a decent result.

Odd innit that some are feeling the doom and gloom? True, Arsenal was a poor game, we lost Barnes and Evans to injury and many of our players are visibly tired and/or carrying injuries... oh, I get it now.

But aside from the poor form, injuries and fatigue... what have the Romans ever done for us?

Nah, the doubt is understandable (though I hope the squad isn't feeling it) but we don't know what shape Burnley are in. They were stuffed at the weekend and probably feeling the fatigue too. I personally do fear sides like Burnley (what they might lack in talent they make up for in effort) but they could fall apart if they lose their rigor.

Don't get me wrong, I share in the dispiritedness (it's in my nature sadly) but I know I can be a miserable git so I try not to listen to myself too much and look instead for a bit of clarity in other signs.

Will BR be forced to put youth players on the bench? Not sure what we have left our midfield has been decimated.
Our bench has been leaked.

Attachments

• D65D3DF7-2ABA-49D3-8679-F263D17AF2BC.jpeg
    D65D3DF7-2ABA-49D3-8679-F263D17AF2BC.jpeg
    428.8 KB · Views: 1
  • EF77E69D-C030-4A03-A6F6-049F0BC153C6.jpeg
    EF77E69D-C030-4A03-A6F6-049F0BC153C6.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 463FA23C-9BA6-4E88-A0AC-135BF5D82C8D.jpeg
    463FA23C-9BA6-4E88-A0AC-135BF5D82C8D.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 68C189CC-DC75-415A-B362-9EABC268FCCC.jpeg
    68C189CC-DC75-415A-B362-9EABC268FCCC.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 1
I think Dyche had asked for the game to be rescheduled so they must have injury/fitness issues too.

He does love a good moan though so it could just be that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757