Call me a cynic but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
I think Scowcrofts perofmances over the last few games suggets to me that his mind is on pastures new, Norwich??

Also Walkers 'injury' makes me wonder if he is on his way to the prem in the Jan window too. All just seems a bit sus to me.

I hope I am right anyway as it would give Cl some room to make some signings.

Cynic. :roll:

I was thinking the same thing myself, both Palace and Norwich, who were linked with Scowy in the summer have stated they need a striker in the transfer window.

Also Walker's "injury" seems more than a little suspicious. IMO if we could get transfer fees for both these players and also remove 2 of the largest earners, it would be a positive move. It would allow CL some room to maneouvre and possibly allow him to bring in 3-4 players, could make a massive difference to the rest of the season.

i totally agree mate.

Both these players will be gone at the end of the season anyway so we should get any money possible for them.Like the good man before me said we could bring in 3-4 good players with that so id take the money defo.

Anything for Scowy is good Anything

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I was thinking the same thing myself, both Palace and Norwich, who were linked with Scowy in the summer have stated they need a striker in the transfer window.

Also Walker's "injury" seems more than a little suspicious. IMO if we could get transfer fees for both these players and also remove 2 of the largest earners, it would be a positive move. It would allow CL some room to maneouvre and possibly allow him to bring in 3-4 players, could make a massive difference to the rest of the season.

Even if a club just took over their wages & paid no fee it would release money for a player(s) in those 2 cases

Foxes_Trust said:
PFKAKTF FOX said:

Even if a club just took over their wages & paid no fee it would release money for a player(s) in those 2 cases

I would imagine pound for pound, we could get in 4-5 players if we had their wages off the books and say a few hundred thousand as token gestures in each case.

My money is on Walker to Southampton or Portsmouth and Scowy to Norwich or Palace.

IMO Danny Tiatto is the only player i would be sorry to see go.
Gives it 110% and plays for the club not just his wages.

Foxes_Trust said:
PFKAKTF FOX said:

Maybe not much though.

If they're expecting a nice loyalty bonus at the end of their contract, they're probably also due to receive it if they're sold without asking for a transfer. This bonus could be more than any fee we receive for the players.

DurhamFox said:
Foxes_Trust said:
PFKAKTF FOX said:

I would imagine pound for pound, we could get in 4-5 players if we had their wages off the books and say a few hundred thousand as token gestures in each case.

My money is on Walker to Southampton or Portsmouth and Scowy to Norwich or Palace.

Renapp loves all the ex-Leicester players and will undoubtedly try and get his hands on what he can, especially when they could play premiership football.

Although it might free uo funds dont forget we still need to replace those players, especially Walker where we would almost certianlly have to pay a fee for someone else (not taylor based on recent perfomances!)

Redknapp will need to replace Beattie,quite wether Scowcroft would be a suitable replacement is doubtful but he'd be a squad player on the cheap.Norwich might take Dublin off our hands....please.

Whilst on the subject of cynicism -and as has been suggested re. Gillespie -I wonder how upset he is to get banned for a nice few games.

Depends wether 'The Races' are on anywhere nearby :wink: .William Hills profits will soar for a few Saturdays in January.

Interesting thought, a while ago (around the time of the rio affair) i read an article by an ex professional player who eluded to the fact that a few big clubs potentially had footballers serving secret six month bans under the guise of 'injuries' - makes you wonder doesnt it.

i wouldnt be surprised if scowy was off - hes been awful recently but hes got some useful attributes for clubs like norwich and palace - especially as neither would be looking to him to be a major goal scorer but a foil for their smaller, pacier strikers

I wonder what would happen if some Club came in with a 2 Million offer for Stearman,do you think we should sell him more to the point do you think the club would sell him.Apathetical question more than likely,but I think he's the only player we've got who is going to attract serious money or am I over valuing him,what do you think he's worth?

highland fox said:
I wonder what would happen if some Club came in with a 2 Million offer for Stearman,do you think we should sell him more to the point do you think the club would sell him.Apathetical question more than likely,but I think he's the only player we've got who is going to attract serious money or am I over valuing him,what do you think he's worth?

Man U and Arse were supposed to be watching him

weren't they once upon a time rumoured to be watching tommy wright?

if there is an offer we shouldnt sell him, we need a couple of good homegrown players to begin building a side around - we should get steve walsh to come and be his personal leicester legend trainer

actually i didnt mean tommy wright i meant tommy williamson but u get my point

I was gunna say - Tommy Wright? Not really Manchester Class, as much as i'd like to seem him break through he has to be up to standad before he does it.

I wonder what would happen if some Club came in with a 2 Million offer for Stearman,do you think we should sell him more to the point do you think the club would sell him

If someone was stupid enough to bid 2million in this day and age for a player who has played one game in league 1 then you snap thiers hands off.

I also heard that Man U and Arsenal were looking at some of our youth team but I dont believe it for a minute, if they were does anyone really think they would still be here? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263