Confirmed Transfer Callum Hulme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City Football Club have completed the signing of midfielder Callum Hulme from Sky Bet League 1 side Bury.

The 18-year-old has put pen to paper on a three-year deal at King Power Stadium and will further his progression with City’s Development Squad during the 2019/20 campaign.

He joined Bury from Manchester City in 2017 and was an integral part of their youth team as they reached the Fifth Round of the FA Youth Cup in 2017/18.

Hulme made his first team debut for the Shakers against Grimsby in September 2018 and later featured in three Checkatrade Trophy games, making his first start for the club in their 2-1 win over the Foxes’ Under-21s at Gigg Lane in October of the same year.

He will now team up with the Club’s Under-23s who kick off their Premier League 2 season with an away clash against Everton on Monday 12 August.

All of Leicester City’s PL2 fixtures will be broadcast live on LCFC TV.

Paid them £100k according to another report I saw, hope it keeps the wolf from the door

I was looking at the Bury FC web site only yesterday, looking at how the club was coping, and I saw this young lad called Hulme and thought, jokingly, that we should sign him.....

I was looking at the Bury FC web site only yesterday, looking at how the club was coping, and I saw this young lad called Hulme and thought, jokingly, that we should sign him.....
He was mentioned in the rumours thread a couple of weeks ago - https://talkingballs.uk/threads/the...summer-2019-rumours-thread.39714/post-1357033

There was a story that they wanted £500,000 for him. Maybe we took advantage of their situation and got him on the cheap. Hope that's not the case and we paid a fair price. I have no idea what a fair price is these days though.

A fair price seems to be 'Whatever the buying club can get away with', depending on what cash flow is needed by the selling club.

Has our increasingly regular policy of buying 18+ year olds in from somewhere and then sticking them in the U23s ever produced a decent player?

Has our increasingly regular policy of buying 18+ year olds in from somewhere and then sticking them in the U23s ever produced a decent player?

There haven't been that many that we've bought. Some, like Loft, we signed after they'd been released by other clubs.

In recent seasons, the ones I can think of are Iversen, Hughes, Wright, Shade and Thomas.

Hughes looked decent in his first season, but missed most of last season with an injury. I wouldn't write him off yet.

Wright and Shade are 19, and have both shown potential. Too early to say whether they were good signings.

Thomas is 22 and has lots of experience in the league. He struggled in a poor Scunthorpe team last season. He'll need a big improvement if he's going to make it at this level.

Iverson has done well on loan, and even if he doesn't become a first team player I expect we could get a decent transfer fee for him.

Even if only one in 20 of this type of signing makes it to the first team, it's probably worth it financially.

Presumably we got this deal done before the deadline yesterday rather than there being a different deadline for youth players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263