can we expect more signings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Fox

can we expect anymore signings or is that probably it till the summer?

i think it will all depend on who we sell and what sort of money we get from these sales

I think we will sign 1-2 players more, but thats it. I am guessing funds are rather tight and at the moment, we have to sell somebody to get a bit of cash. But the question is who could we sell, for how much, and are they really wanted.

weluvulesta said:
I think we will sign 1-2 players more, but thats it. I am guessing funds are rather tight and at the moment we have to sell somebody to get a bit of cash. But the question is who could we sell, for how much, and are they really wanted.

Financially, things are still pretty dire but at least they're looking up. OK, the allocated budget for this season has been spent, but with the potential ground share, the last few nightmare huge contracts coming to an end, and a new manager who has obviously identified several players he wants who won't command large transfer fees or wages, the board may be tempted to make a bit of cash available. It would affect next season's budget presumably, but some of Levein's targets may not be available by the summer and the board will want to back the new man as much as they can.

So I wouldn't be too surprised to see us get another two or three new players. I think it would make reasonably good business sense, as long as we don't start splashing cash we haven't got or can't guarantee will be coming in the next few months.

It looks to me like Scowcroft will be off in the summer anyway, so i reckon he will either be sold or loaned out for the rest of the season to another club who will pay the majority of his wages.

If Niemi or Jaaskalinan go then expect Walker to make a miraculous recovery and be off in a similar fashion as well.

weluvulesta said:
I think we will sign 1-2 players more, but thats it. I am guessing funds are rather tight and at the moment, we have to sell somebody to get a bit of cash. But the question is who could we sell, for how much, and are they really wanted.

Can't remember many times in the history of LCFC that we haven't had a single player that someone would pay a fee for :cry:

Bobby Smith said:
weluvulesta said:

Can't remember many times in the history of LCFC that we haven't had a single player that someone would pay a fee for :cry:

Bosmans have changed the transfer landscape though. :wink:

DesertFox said:
Financially, things are still pretty dire but at least they're looking up. OK, the allocated budget for this season has been spent, but with the potential ground share, the last few nightmare huge contracts coming to an end, and a new manager who has obviously identified several players he wants who won't command large transfer fees or wages, the board may be tempted to make a bit of cash available. It would affect next season's budget presumably, but some of Levein's targets may not be available by the summer and the board will want to back the new man as much as they can.

So I wouldn't be too surprised to see us get another two or three new players. I think it would make reasonably good business sense, as long as we don't start splashing cash we haven't got or can't guarantee will be coming in the next few months.

We haven't got cash without some departures & the club won't dip into next years budget, buying players based on future potential income is what put us into administration.

We could see more arrivals soon, but only after some departures, so savings are generated (be they wage savings or transfer fees)

highland fox said:
Scowcroft to Ipswich is a possibility I believe.

Yes but they want to loan him until the end of the season when they can have him on a free. This is also in light of Darren Bent's potential move to Charlton... I believe.

theyd be mad to replace darren bent with scowy, bents goals are propelling them towards the premiership which would earn them 20 million at least, compared with a few million earnt if they sell bent now

I doubt they would sell bent, and CL said today that no one has approached the club about scowy.

I think Bent is amongst the best players in this division, he scores some brilliant goals and is there key player i feel.

As for Slowcroft, good ridance. :p

apparently we're after Lee Wilkie from Dundee, at least according to the BBC website...

DesertFox wrote:

Foxes_Trust wrote:

We haven't got cash without some departures & the club won't dip into next years budget, buying players based on future potential income is what put us into administration.

We could see more arrivals soon, but only after some departures, so savings are generated (be they wage savings or transfer fees)

If that was strictly the case, we wouldn't have just signed De Vries and Maybury, would we? I think there is always a little bit of room for maneuvering with football clubs - it's amazing how they can find 100K down the back of the sofa now and again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363