Can we sort out our squad in the next four days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Nose

I make it that we've still got 30 players for 25 squad places. From this, for a start I've removed Suengchitthawon as he's done his ACL.

With Schmeichel sold and Stolarczyk, Leshabela, Choudhury and Eppiah out on loan (I know more have gone on loan but these are the ones that would need to be registered), we're left with:

Ward, Iversen, Smithies, Justin, Fofana, Soyuncu, Bertrand, Evans, Brunt, Amartey, Ricardo, Vestergaard, Castagne, Thomas, Barnes, Tielemans, Maddison, Ndidi, Praet, Soumare, Albrighton, Wright, Mendy, Dewsbury-Hall, Iheanacho, Hirst, Vardy, Perez, Daka

Fofana appears about to depart. Ricardo and Bertrand seem long term absentees so we may decide not to register them. But that's still not enough.

We're going to have to get very busy over the next few days. Several players must be about to depart permanently or on loans. Only once that's in place can we be adding players.

It's also important to remember that BR has said many times that he doesn't want or need 25 players in his first team squad. For the 19/20 season, he clearly stated that he wanted 22 or 23 players (two players per position plus a third keeper). He's had a bigger squad for the last couple of seasons due to Covid and Europe, but there isn't any need this season.

With Soumare now back in from the cold and Vestergaard appearing to be rejecting moves away, who is going to go? Perhaps Wright and Hirst can be expected to be loaned out this week. With two full backs long term injured, I doubt that we can allow Brunt to go out now.

In terms of signings, we've got problems in several areas. We're weak in goal, central defence, left back, right side and possibly up front. It's an incredible mess.

There are some rumours around, not many though, but the time for rumours is over. We now have to make things happen.

The answer to the thread title is no.

I can’t see anyway this window ends without us being weaker as a squad, and bringing in panic mediocrity .

And we could be in a position where we shuffle the cards a bit this week, then by Sunday see the manager depart if we see two more bad results in quick succession.

Yeah, I get the feeling we’ll end up with a few quid to spend and nothing available to buy.

The task is to find first team players, not back up players, so we don’t have to play Ward, Amartey, Praet, Soumare or Perez
To have a defence we can rely on, instead of piss goals away out of sheer incompetence
To find someone who is good enough to replace / play back-up to Vardy instead of the hapless/hopeless Daka and Nacho
And someone to play on the right hand side of an attacking three

So no, no ****ing chance

I'm genuinely intrigued by the whole thing. We aren't in a good position but I wouldn't be surprised if we come out of this with some impressive business. Let's wait and see...

Most of the Fofana sponds should be put to one side to cover paying off Rodgers and Co. The fact Praet and Soumare came in from the cold and played yesterday because no ****er wants them is comedy. Hopefully we don't bring any new shit in and hope we have enough to get by. A new manager might try Soyuncu in defence.

There’s always that tendency to overate players when they aren’t in the team and it can be frustrating as a fan when you want to see a different face in the team. Happened with Slimani, Iborra, Dragovic, Silva and loads more but then they play and you realise ‘oh they’re just no good….’

Now Soyuncu isn’t the future of our club, that much is plain to see and he’s a flawed player but feck me how on earth Amartey gets in the team ahead of him, it’s utter lunacy and pettiness from Rodgers.

Now in the window you’re either looking at taking the prize asset off a team below you in the pecking order and overpaying or taking a highly paid, unwanted player on loan. I don’t see how we pick up a gem for a reasonable price like we used to because the recruitment system at the club has gone from ****ed to seemingly non existent.

If Pereira is available, as touted, he’s an obvious one.

I haven’t got a first clue who we should target in central defence. I’d love to see Joaquin Andersen, but I’m sure we’ve got no chance there.

Sander Berge would be ace. Again unlikely, given our other needs.

We won’t be signing a keeper, or a left back.

Fofana, Wright, Hirst, Perez likely to leave. Stuck with Soyuncu and Tielemans playing out their deals.

There’s always that tendency to overate players when they aren’t in the team and it can be frustrating as a fan when you want to see a different face in the team. Happened with Slimani, Iborra, Dragovic, Silva and loads more but then they play and you realise ‘oh they’re just no good….’
Remember Hernández?

I would be stunned if we have agreed to Fofana's move without already having agreed a replacement.

If Pereira is available, as touted, he’s an obvious one.

I haven’t got a first clue who we should target in central defence. I’d love to see Joaquin Andersen, but I’m sure we’ve got no chance there.

Sander Berge would be ace. Again unlikely, given our other needs.

We won’t be signing a keeper, or a left back.

Fofana, Wright, Hirst, Perez likely to leave. Stuck with Soyuncu and Tielemans playing out their deals.
Is that some Brazilian wonderkid, or did you mean the danish Palace player Joachim Andersen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757