Car Tax Refund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazzman

I have finally got around to claim my car tax refund after my car was written off by the insurance company following it's theft.

Now, I've got the form and that lot but do I have to tell the DVLA, that it's off the road? Or will it be automatically done when the car was deemed stolen and subsequently the insurance company tell the DVLA of it's whereabout's after recovery? This meaning the DVLA are aware of the car's situation.

I don't have the log book or anything that was all sent off to the insurance company and not returned on being deemed a 'total loss'. So I cannae fill out section 9 of the regi. certificate.

Everything I've read on it is rather muddled including the DVLA stuff. So I was wondering whether anyone else has had a similar incident.

I have finally got around to claim my car tax refund after my car was written off by the insurance company following it's theft.

Now, I've got the form and that lot but do I have to tell the DVLA, that it's off the road? Or will it be automatically done when the car was deemed stolen and subsequently the insurance company tell the DVLA of it's whereabout's after recovery? This meaning the DVLA are aware of the car's situation.

I don't have the log book or anything that was all sent off to the insurance company and not returned on being deemed a 'total loss'. So I cannae fill out section 9 of the regi. certificate.

Everything I've read on it is rather muddled including the DVLA stuff. So I was wondering whether anyone else has had a similar incident.

can you not ring the dvla?

Ring the doovlah.

IIRC they didn't when my Toyota was nicked and written off. On a side not I had to phone the DVLA the other week to try and sort out a tax issue and whilst the systems they have are a bit shit the people where very helpful.

Well I sent it off with form and a covering letter. I've just received my cheque for £30 with no fuss. Applauds to the DVLA - something that actually went well in the whole circumstance of my car being nicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46