Cardiff Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair game. Seemed we were trying to walk it into the net when were playing well. Some dodgy times too - like the start of the second half. Schmeichel's save in the first half looked incredible - what was it like on the box?

Good game that was, i feel we were the better team and we would have got a few if it wasnt for schmichael.
Passing wasnt the best and played too many long balls, but holloway will hopefully work on that.
Stearman should have scored in the first half! Out of all the players it could have fallen to!
Glad to see the youngsters getting a bit of the action, hayes played well.
Sheehan did well with the 4 corners, very unlucky though.
Very good atmosphere at the walkers, wish i was there.
Interesting to see MA2 in the studio, laughed at his joke of going for the england job near the end.
4 points from 2 games from holloway, a few days to work on the team before the home game with southampton, starting to get optimistic now:)

Also thought the ref was very poor.

Anyone who went, what did ollie say to the fans before the match?

We looked decent with Sheenan at left back, Haynes on the left, Hume on the right and King in the middle; had more urgency to go forward. Thought Stearman should've buried his chance should've hit it a lot harder, not faulting the save though.

On the whole, poor result but a positive last 15 mins, but please don't be fooled by the last 15 thought the other 75 + stoppage time was pretty poor.

Can't believe none of those crosses got a touch.

I can't believe that you didn't put any predictions in. Too excited at seeing a Welsh team on the box?

Slightly better tronight but we really must stop the long ball stuff.
Great defence as usual.
Sheahan is beginning to become an outstanding player.
Who says Newton played poorly? Some people nominate a player to get at and others like to jump on the bandwagon because they are incapable of forming their own opinion. Some of the best moments came from him.
Hume and Fryatt don't play close enough to each other.
Still need a midfielder to control the pattern of play. Clemence always was and always will be a midfield spoiler who breaks up the oppositions play. Nothing wrong with that. Every team needs one but as he has stepped down a division he seems to think he can be the playmaker instead of being what he has always been.

Hayes sounded worth a start

Hayes/Sheehan is a more attacking option than Sheehan/Mattock. Isn't it nice to have selection problems?

Ashleigh Chambers was good when he came on, but would you drop Hume or Fryatt for him? Whose place would Collins John?

Andy King was good when he came on, but would you play him instead of Weslowski or Clemence?

I would just like to say that I thought it was an incredibly brave thing for Ollie to play the youngsters instead of Kenton, etc. in his first home game. This looks good for the future I would have thought.

First Half - Same shit

Second Half - Much better, unlucky not to stick one in the net. Was impressed with Chambers a lot, linked up play brilliantly and didn't give it away. Hayes also was good, positive player willing to take his man on and put a cross in, puts a nice cross in as well. Newton will hopefully never play for us again, Clemence was disappointing and Hume didn't produce much.

Worst display on the pitch though came from the ref, some farcical decisions!

I saw it, it was definatly there, it tried to morph in to something else at times but was still unmistakably there none the less. **** me its been along time since ive seen it, was starting to think it had ****ed off for good. I just hope its back again on Saturday and more of it or there was no point in it turning up tonight.

Your saw it right?

Hayes/Sheehan is a more attacking option than Sheehan/Mattock.

Unbelievably, our left side has suddenly started to look OK. Both Hayes and Sheehan (and occasionally Mattock) seem well capable of putting in dangerous crosses and they all seem confident in playing to each other's feet. Right side, though, with Stearman and Newton looks far weaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263