Pre Match Cardiff v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I was going.

I’ll be at Twickenham on Saturday, celebrating my dad’s 70th birthday, but I suspect my mind will be in Cardiff.

I want us to win.

I think Vichai would like his vision to be upheld and that certainly wouldn't be the case if we lose silly matches and get relegated.

Khun Vichai was a winner. It would all be a waste if his dream crumbled. We owe him to keep the club up and continue his goals of moving forward.

Having said that I completely understand if any of the players are not up to it. If we lose we lose. If we draw we draw and if we win we win. It is what it is.

I think it's a case of getting the first few matches out of the way really.

Let's make The Boss proud if we can in this first match.

A few years ago I got over the constant urge to get to every game, home and away. With my new lifestyle it would in any case be difficult to do so. But this is one game I would dearly love to attend.

'Super Computer' has us down for a 2-2. The SC does not take into account the sheer love we had for our Chairman and our need to say a great big 'Thanks' to the fella. As Mickey said, I will have trouble holding myself together for this one. But the players won't. They will play with a passion and pride and respect owed to Vichai. A glorious 0-4 and a tear of pride at the end!

Class effort Rhydal. Hope all the fans on both sides respect the importance of respect tomorrow.

Hopefully all the bellends will be at the egg. Seems to be the trend these days.

An incredibly difficult job to select this team. Can't imagine how you even begin to do it.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46069586

Leicester City's players want to play at Cardiff so they can "honour" the club's owner who died in a helicopter crash, says striker Jamie Vardy.

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha and four other people were killed in the crash outside King Power Stadium on 27 October.

Saturday's Premier League match in Cardiff is the Foxes' first since the incident and manager Claude Puel has said the result is "not important".

But Vardy said: "For us as players, we want to get a positive result."

Speaking to Sky Sports, the 31-year-old added: "We need to make sure we go out there and honour his name and put in a performance that will hopefully get the win.

"We all spoke about wanting to play. It's what Vichai would have wanted and that's what we are going to do.

"It's going to be tough and very emotional and what the lads wanted to do was play this game and honour the man himself."

Tuesday's Carabao Cup tie between Leicester and Southampton at King Power Stadium was postponed after Saturday's crash, and has been rearranged for Tuesday, 27 November.

All Premier League games this weekend will be preceded by a minute's silence, and players will wear black armbands.

Srivaddhanaprabha's funeral will begin in his native Thailand on Saturday and could last a week. Puel said players would be given the opportunity to attend.

"It's been the hardest week of everyone's lives," said Vardy. "It'll be massively important we attend. We are a close-knit group and one big family and one of the main reasons for that is Vichai - so it's massively important.

"He wasn't just a chairman, he literally was part of your extended family."

I think tomorrow will be the hardest day emotionally for everybody involved at LCFC, I imagine the outpouring of grief, the attention and focus on this 3pm kick off will be as intense as anything we have ever experienced. I just know that watching sky sports soccer Saturday or listening to the radio, the build up, the tribute, the minutes silence and the feeling of emptiness that the Papa of our club is no longer sat in the stands watching us will truly hit home. I am so proud of our club and the way it's players, staff and fans have come together to try and get over this awful tragedy and I have no doubt tomorrow will be exactly the same.

The fact that vichais team will be taking the field against Cardiff is credit to all and shows respect for our greatest chairman.

Emotions will be sky high and I hope the ref uses some common sense if necessary. This is going to be an extremely difficult game for the Cardiff players too.

Cardiff 0-3 Vichais blue and white army!!!

Come on Leicester

Stand up if you love Leicester, stand up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757