Celtic & Novo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverFox

Celtic have had a bid of £500,000 accepted and can now talk to Nacho Novo about a possible move. Nacho's club has stated that there are other clubs still interested, but none have yet to match the £500,000 asking price.

Now that we don't have Dickov, or Bent, or even seemingly Ferdinand, does anyone else think it a little stupid that we don't throw our hat in the ring and have a go at signing this guy...tired of watching hot prospects pass us by...£500,000 come on Micky! :x

Depends if Micky thinks he is worth it or if the budet is better spent elsewhere.

No idea personally, never seen him play

I have stated on a number of occasions that the club are not interested in this player.

If Martin O'Neill is interested, i'm interested :), at his price why aren't we interested in signing him?

Youre right, I am concerned about where the goals will come from next season
All 3 strikers did well last season, but it looks like they will all be gone.
Dublins ok for 15 or so but we need a goal poacher like Novo to get past the 20 mark.

I have a feeling it will be Freeman!!!!, hope im wrong.

Nottingham Fox said:
I have stated on a number of occasions that the club are not interested in this player.

Can you confirm that we have an interest in Fuller? Marcus Bent said in another thread that we are making 'the right noises'......

Scowcroft said:
Nottingham Fox said:

Can you confirm that we have an interest in Fuller? Marcus Bent said in another thread that we are making 'the right noises'......

Thread?

Scowy at this moment in time, im on a pc in the reception of my hotel in Alcudia, Majorca.

When I get back tomorrow, I will be ringing Tim and asking him what feck is going on.

Nottingham Fox said:
Scowy at this moment in time, im on a pc in the reception of my hotel in Alcudia, Majorca.

When I get back tomorrow, I will be ringing Tim and asking him what feck is going on.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OK mate, hope you're having a nice time. :wink:

Are you staying in the Lagotel by any chance? :wink:

SilverFox said:
If Martin O'Neill is interested, i'm interested :), at his price why aren't we interested in signing him?

Because we can't afford him. 1/2 a Mil is not cheap.

Scowcroft said:
Nottingham Fox said:

Not a bad guess .. I´m in the Lagomonte, i think the Lago is near the main road, KFC and Pizza Hut ?????

Nottingham Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Nottingham Fox said:

Not a bad guess .. I´m in the Lagomonte, i think the Lago is near the main road, KFC and Pizza Hut ?????

I'm not sure. Last time I went was about 8 years ago! :lol: I remember there being a big lake next to the hotel though. :wink:

ah, then yes there is one called Lagohotel next to ours, and were right next to a lake.

Basically if someone is going to cost a transfer fee we have no hope of getting them.If they are going for nothing then we are interested.The small amount of money we had as been put aside for Williams.

highland fox said:
Basically if someone is going to cost a transfer fee we have no hope of getting them.If they are going for nothing then we are interested.The small amount of money we had as been put aside for Williams.

The 1.5 million that we got for finishing third from bottom has been given to Micky Adams to spend in the transfer market, this is what Tim davies or davis, or whatever his bloody name is has said, and I trust him...Williams won't cost that much

SilverFox said:
highland fox said:

The 1.5 million that we got for finishing third from bottom has been given to Micky Adams to spend in the transfer market, this is what davies has said and I trust him...Williams won't cost that much

Although that sounds alot, When you take in to account the wages we're paying, it doesn't sound so promising.

Scowcroft said:
SilverFox said:
highland fox said:

The 1.5 million that we got for finishing third from bottom has been given to Micky Adams to spend in the transfer market, this is what davies has said and I trust him...Williams won't cost that much

Although that sounds alot, When you take in to account the wages we're paying, it doesn't sound so promising.

Agreed, but at the same time Adams had been banking on paying Dickov's, Ferdinands, and possibly Bent's wages this year...now it looks like none of those will be a consideration. This must free up some money. Why not gamble on someone that Martin O'Neill is interested in :wink:

SilverFox said:
Scowcroft said:
SilverFox said:
highland fox said:

Why not gamble on someone that Martin O'Neill is interested in :wink:

In case it's another Graham Fenton. :wink:

Scowcroft said:
SilverFox said:
Scowcroft said:
SilverFox said:
highland fox said:

Why not gamble on someone that Martin O'Neill is interested in :wink:

In case it's another Graham Fenton. :wink:

What if it isn't and we sign the next ade Akin bad buy instead and Novo turns out to be the next big thing :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3776
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3961
7Hull City3859
8Coventry City3858