Champions League 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be surprised if Barcelona don't go for Julian Nagelsmann now. He has continued to work wonders whilst his best players end up jumping ship for bigger clubs. Though Barcelona do tend to be a bit 'nationalist' in their approach to management..

Be surprised if Barcelona don't go for Julian Nagelsmann now. He has continued to work wonders whilst his best players end up jumping ship for bigger clubs. Though Barcelona do tend to be a bit 'nationalist' in their approach to management..
True, they’d never hire an Argentinian, Dutch, Serbian, German, English, or Hungarian coach.

True, they’d never hire an Argentinian, Dutch, Serbian, German, English, or Hungarian coach.

Sorry I didn't realise we were going down the all time route. The last 2 decades they've taken on almost exclusively Spaniards...

I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned this view but . . .

Man City are shit.

Well they are when the knobhead manager leaves all their best players sat on their arses watching from the bench

Sorry I didn't realise we were going down the all time route. The last 2 decades they've taken on almost exclusively Spaniards...
Sure, if you ignore the four non-Spaniards spanning a total of 7 of those 20 years. Suggesting any preference for Spanish influence at Barcelona shows, if nothing else, a profound misunderstanding of the culture of the club.

I ****ing loved that. Cheered me up no end & I haven't even had a drink. Guardiola is a massive ****ing fraud. Shown up for it yet again at the only level he's employed to achieve at. Cue them chucking another billion at it. Brilliant.

Sure, if you ignore the four non-Spaniards spanning a total of 7 of those 20 years. Suggesting any preference for Spanish influence at Barcelona shows, if nothing else, a profound misunderstanding of the culture of the club.
Pfft. A.) I'm not a Barcelona fan and don't really give two shits about the culture there. B.) 4 to 11 in recent times suggests they have not been broadening their horizons enough so to speak in recent history and are falling victim to a lack of imagination in the managerial recruitment department. You've just weighted the stat to suit your argument, 5 of those 7 years were down to one man and the most recent of them has Barcelona links with regard his playing career.

Pfft. A.) I'm not a Barcelona fan and don't really give two shits about the culture there. B.) 4 to 11 in recent times suggests they have not been broadening their horizons enough so to speak in recent history and are falling victim to a lack of imagination in the managerial recruitment department. You've just weighted the stat to suit your argument, 5 of those 7 years were down to one man and the most recent of them has Barcelona links with regard his playing career.
A) With respect, TSUK, you were the one speaking to the culture of the club. B) Three Spanish managers in a row does not suggest anything beyond seeking people with experience in and knowledge of the league system they play in.

A) With respect, TSUK, you were the one speaking to the culture of the club. B) Three Spanish managers in a row does not suggest anything beyond seeking people with experience in and knowledge of the league system they play in.

Actually you raised the term when you said I know feck all about the culture of the club. I think the culture is pretty obvious that they tend to like to keep it 'in house'. Word is now they are looking at bringing in Ronald Koeman on a short term basis with the ultimate aim of instilling Xavi as head coach. They've spent 400m euros on three high profile signings lately, all of which have flopped. Griezmann, Dembele played bit parts against Munich and Coutinho who spectacularly came on and narked them in the ass. Whatever is going on in the way they are run at the moment is going miserably wrong.

Word is now they are looking at bringing in Ronald Koeman on a short term basis with the ultimate aim of instilling Xavi as head coach. They've spent 400m euros on three high profile signings lately, all of which have flopped. Griezmann, Dembele played bit parts against Munich and Coutinho who spectacularly came on and narked them in the ass. Whatever is going on in the way they are run at the moment is going miserably wrong.
Koeman :043:

Something definitely needs to change there. Apparently they’ve put almost everyone up for sale.

Not actually the Champions League but another wonderfully entertaining night of European football

****ing lovely :038: :038: :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265