Champions League 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Blur’s early stuff, but I wouldn’t call that Britpop.
Early stuff definitely not. Parklife though was the epitome of Britpop. It suited the banner the press wanted to hang on it.

I just enjoyed the hilarity of fey little art boy Damon trying to do the "90s lad" thing.

That's up there with Kenneth Williams giving rugby league a go.

Early stuff definitely not. Parklife though was the epitome of Britpop. It suited the banner the press wanted to hang on it.

I just enjoyed the hilarity of fey little art boy Damon trying to do the "90s lad" thing.

That's up there with Kenneth Williams giving rugby league a go.
Yeah that’s kind of my point, Parklife was mid 90s really, which was the “Britpop era”. Not really my thing either to be honest.

You were too young to enjoy it, the early 90s was good fun.
I turned 8 in 1990, so maybe I was. I associate the 90s with Saved by the Bell, horrible music that all sounded the same, and meeting my kid’s mother. The 90s will forever be wank as far as my personal experience goes.

I think I had my first wank in the 90s

Did a shitload of shagging and very, very good drugs in the nineties

Happy days

I was still in nappies when we beat the Sheep at Wembley….

Got my A level results too that summer.

I was still in nappies when we beat the Sheep at Wembley….

Got my A level results too that summer.
Fabulous day out.

My mam won a ticket for the final in one of the newspapers. Just ONE ticket (weird prize) I already had one so told her thanks but no thanks but I'd sell it for her.

Until I saw it.

It was a VIP ticket for the olympic gallery !! So I sold mine.

The only lift I could blag was with a drug dealer from Beaumont Leys & his mates. They squeezed me into the hatchback sat next to 3 crates of beer. I was pissed when I got there. They all went to their regular seats while I walked halfway round the ground to the VIP section. Because of the ticket I had to wear a ****ing suit. Walked up the steps, clearly drunk, in a shit cheap suit that had last seen action at my uncle's funeral.
Security absolutely didn't want to let me in but had no choice.

There was a free bar.

Carnage ensued.

I was sat 2 rows behind the mayor of Derby.

When Walshie put the second goal in I was sat with a tray on my lap, on which was 2 pints of lager & 2 double whiskies. They went all over the bloke sat in front of me as I leapt in the air shouting "YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!! have that you sheep shagging twats"

The mayor of Derby took umbrage & I was removed. But not before offering to take on the head security bloke if he fancied his chances without his mates to back him up.

Probably my most arsehole moment of the 90s.

Well worth it.

I was waiting at the car when the jubilant dealer & his mates got back. He was so happy we drove into London where he pulled 700 quid out of machines on 3 different cash cards, added it to whatever he had on him & said "tonights on me lads" & shoved piles of notes into our pockets.

We spent the rest of the day & night in Camden & Soho into the early hours, during which a half ounce of resin & a bag of coke appeared.

At one point I woke up in a toilet in a knocking shop above a tattoo parlour somewhere in Soho, staggered into the hallway & bumped into dealer bloke who kindly informed me that I looked like shit & helped me shove half a teaspoon of coke up my hooter. I livened up. Then livened up some more when he introduced me to a redhead in a PVC corset & told me "this is Shelley, have fun man"

I...er...did.

Now THAT was the 90s

I was 29.

If it's true that your life flashes in front of you when you die I hope there's a pause button for that day.

Fabulous day out.

My mam won a ticket for the final in one of the newspapers. Just ONE ticket (weird prize) I already had one so told her thanks but no thanks but I'd sell it for her.

Until I saw it.

It was a VIP ticket for the olympic gallery !! So I sold mine.

The only lift I could blag was with a drug dealer from Beaumont Leys & his mates. They squeezed me into the hatchback sat next to 3 crates of beer. I was pissed when I got there. They all went to their regular seats while I walked halfway round the ground to the VIP section. Because of the ticket I had to wear a ****ing suit. Walked up the steps, clearly drunk, in a shit cheap suit that had last seen action at my uncle's funeral.
Security absolutely didn't want to let me in but had no choice.

There was a free bar.

Carnage ensued.

I was sat 2 rows behind the mayor of Derby.

When Walshie put the second goal in I was sat with a tray on my lap, on which was 2 pints of lager & 2 double whiskies. They went all over the bloke sat in front of me as I leapt in the air shouting "YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!! have that you sheep shagging twats"

The mayor of Derby took umbrage & I was removed. But not before offering to take on the head security bloke if he fancied his chances without his mates to back him up.

Probably my most arsehole moment of the 90s.

Well worth it.

I was waiting at the car when the jubilant dealer & his mates got back. He was so happy we drove into London where he pulled 700 quid out of machines on 3 different cash cards, added it to whatever he had on him & said "tonights on me lads" & shoved piles of notes into our pockets.

We spent the rest of the day & night in Camden & Soho into the early hours, during which a half ounce of resin & a bag of coke appeared.

At one point I woke up in a toilet in a knocking shop above a tattoo parlour somewhere in Soho, staggered into the hallway & bumped into dealer bloke who kindly informed me that I looked like shit & helped me shove half a teaspoon of coke up my hooter. I livened up. Then livened up some more when he introduced me to a redhead in a PVC corset & told me "this is Shelley, have fun man"

I...er...did.

Now THAT was the 90s

I was 29.

If it's true that your life flashes in front of you when you die I hope there's a pause button for that day.
Dad?

Man Utd two down at home to Atalanta.

This is no good. We need them to do just enough to ensure OGS stays in his job. If he gets sacked and Conte comes in, the feckers will be much better.

This is no good. We need them to do just enough to ensure OGS stays in his job. If he gets sacked and Conte comes in, the feckers will be much better.
Need them to come back for a draw

Ole at the wheel

I'm old enough to remember all the media and fans spaffing themselves silly over Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane signing. ****ing brilliant times for their fans, title challenges and all is grand. There's a protest due this weekend about the owners isn't there? Funny that.

They will win this.

Savage being an irritating ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472