Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easy to forget, looking at today's team, that two years ago we witnessed the biggest upset in the history of sport (don't bother arguing that one, nothing else even comes close. It's bigger than USA beating England in 1950, bigger than Buster Douglas beating Tyson, bigger than Greece 2004 and so on). It's an understatement to say our own club will never match that again; nobody will, in this sport or any other. For me it just added a new dimension to my relationship with the club.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/480918/

With my proximity to Leicester the only downside to that season is me having to provide detailed evidence of my supporting whereabouts from the 90s until May 2016 whenever I meet someone new.
Plastic

Terrific post Ted but football isn't over. For you, football has barely begun. The pleasure and the emotion may never quite match those days but they'll be enough to carry you through, or smash you down, for decades to come. It'll be great.

Perhaps ‘ruined football’ was a little dramatic on my part. It’s more like that feeling when you’ve finished watching Breaking Bad. Satisfied, sad it’s over and categorically knowing you won’t enjoy another series like you did that one.

Which reminds me that I really ought to watch Better Call Saul, think it’s time to move on.....

With my proximity to Leicester the only downside to that season is me having to provide detailed evidence of my supporting whereabouts from the 90s until May 2016 whenever I meet someone new.
Imagine telling people in 2016 you're a Leicester City fan from Sweden. Hence the league win was slightly spoiled for me as I had to spend a year pretending I support Hull

I get really pissed off when talking to people here who ask if I'm a "soccer" fan and they say they are too and that they support one of old "big four." They then ask who I follow and when I say Leicester the normal answer is that "you were lucky." Yeah right, winning the league by ten points and only losing three games all season is lucky.

I get really pissed off when talking to people here who ask if I'm a "soccer" fan and they say they are too and that they support one of old "big four." They then ask who I follow and when I say Leicester the normal answer is that "you were lucky." Yeah right, winning the league by ten points and only losing three games all season is lucky.
When people say that I try to deliberately take it as directed to me personally. And yes, yes I was incredibly lucky to experience that

It is an interesting change in that prior to THAT season when you told someone you supported City there was a certain amount of amusement mixed with empathy (their team dependant).

Now it is full circle and when you tell them they either question when you became a supporter or they have admiration for you.

That will NEVER change.

I always said we would never have players as good as in the seventies because players like Shilton. Weller and Worthington would demand Champions League football, Wow! I was wrong.
Our ten point gap showed that we were beyond doubt the best team in the Premier League that season Then there was the celebration with arguably the best singer in the world performing at the King Power - if Spurs had won they might have had ChasnDave.

I hope people will not mind me repeating a video I put in a thread some time ago but it fits this thread perfectly. . My favourite MMA commentator is an American called Joe Rogan. I was amazed when he did a broadcast about Leicester City.

‘These motherfuckers gel together in a style that I’ve never seen before’

Couldn’t have put it better yourself, eh David?

Am I the only one that doesn't remember Kanye on the wing?

Wake up Mr West

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758