Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

No game this weekend. Worth remembering why we all love Leicester City. Regardless of whether you’re happy with where we are or not, just take a second to soak up what actually happened, I know I don’t stop and think about this enough.

My youngest is 6 years old. He has watched the Premier League Years thing from that season on Sky several times recently. Obviously I only sit there to keep him company and not because it makes me feel all fuzzy and warm to rewatch it.

Six months ago my family and I moved up north. I went to get a new battery in my watch yesterday and the Burnley supporting owner of the jewellers spoke to me at length about that incredible season. It really did make a huge impact across the country (and the world).

Six months ago my family and I moved up north. I went to get a new battery in my watch yesterday and the Burnley supporting owner of the jewellers spoke to me at length about that incredible season. It really did make a huge impact across the country (and the world).
I was in Schladming in Austria 2 weeks ago and we were chatting to some Belgians in a bar. As soon as we said we were Leicester fans, that's what they wanted to talk about too.

Lovely, lovely stuff.

I'll never forget the internalised, quiet, nervous breakdown I had when the final whistle went in Sunderland and it finally dawned on me that, yes, this was real.

How lucky we all are....the luckiest fans in the world.
I changed the strings on one of my guitars that day whilst at home with the match on. I felt so tense. I had to do something else.

...still have those same strings on. Refuse to change them.

I changed the strings on one of my guitars that day whilst at home with the match on. I felt so tense. I had to do something else.

...still have those same strings on. Refuse to change them.
Is that a Trigger / broom kind of same strings?

Leicester is backwards when it comes to this type of thing

I know it's old now but I've just read the OP of this thread and I'd like to express absolute agreement on how City doing well - or even utterly fantastically unbelievably well - can help keep a fan going through rough times. The only time I've ever written to a famous person was Martin O'Neill in late 1999, thanking him for putting together such a great team with so much grit that I actually looked to them as inspiration in my struggle with depression. It may be 'only football' but it can provide a real boost. I'm glad Tedfoxx is moving onwards and upwards now.

I know it's old now but I've just read the OP of this thread and I'd like to express absolute agreement on how City doing well - or even utterly fantastically unbelievably well - can help keep a fan going through rough times. The only time I've ever written to a famous person was Martin O'Neill in late 1999, thanking him for putting together such a great team with so much grit that I actually looked to them as inspiration in my struggle with depression. It may be 'only football' but it can provide a real boost. I'm glad Tedfoxx is moving onwards and upwards now.
As glib as this probably sounds it was a reminder that anything is possible. Well, maybe not anything but if you can realistically take control of a situation, be brave, be confident and take advantage of good fortune you can do almost anything.

Not words I live by, mind. I’m just as lazy and cripplingly shy as I was before we won the league but at the time it was like being drunk on happiness.

What a great post. I totally agree.

I readily admit that football has been a crutch for me at some difficult times too.

Football is great at being there when we need a diversion or a place to vent emotions.

When I see moments from our history I often link them to who I was at the time, and what was going on in my life, for better or worse.

The problem is when life is shit and so are City. I always find them to be at their worst when I could really do with them winning.

Yep, totally agree.

I had a dreadful upbringing in Leicester (Barwell, Earl Stilton, Beaumont Leys and The Saff) but somehow the teams success seems to cancel out the shit I’ve had, can’t explain it any better than that although it probably makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3774
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3962
7Hull City3859
8Coventry City3858