Championship 19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my annual comment on the fortunes of Notts Florist.

They have made a worringly strong start to the season. I watched their game at Wigan today and can confirm that they remain utter shite. No fear of them going up.

Here is my annual comment on the fortunes of Notts Florist.

They have made a worringly strong start to the season. I watched their game at Wigan today and can confirm that they remain utter shite. No fear of them going up.

Same as every season then

I'd much rather we played clubs in the EPL we share a history and rivalry with, such as as Forest and Derby, than Watford or Brighton

I'd much rather we played clubs in the EPL we share a history and rivalry with, such as as Forest and Derby, than Watford or Brighton
That playoff semi final definitely means we have a bit of history with Watford, but I see your point.

Derby have sacked club captain Richard Keogh following the car crash involving him, Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett.

In other words, they've realised for sure now his knee is ****ed with no chance of playing again so don't want to pay him anymore.

Whereas the other 2, the 2 the actually caused it, can stay but not because they are saleable assets....

No morals behind this decision at all.

Yep. Does seem very unfair they've all received different treatment. Basically they've jumped on the chance to get rid of an old duffer who's going to be out for the majority of the time he's got left on the contract but given the others a bye because they could still make money out of them..

Will be interesting to see how this stands up on appeal - they've played Lawrence pretty much every minute since the accident, Bennett has played too. The criminals who caused the accident that injured Keogh. Without taking action against them, sacking Keogh is pretty obviously victimisation over an injury. The PFA lawyers should have a field day.

It's more the fact their own statement defies logic:

Screenshot_20191030-210418.png

Staggering double standards

I mean, blatantly obvious, reputation destroying double standards.

Is there more to this than meets the eye, or something? It all seems a bit odd, as you lot are saying.

As TS said, it's all about money.
He might never be able to play again. He's on high wages and has got no resale value. So they want to get rid of him. The other players are younger, on less money, and could be sold.
Well yeah I assume that’s the case. As said though, it looks on the face of it as though it would be hard to justify what they’ve done, given that they’ve not done the same for the other two.

Unless Keogh has agreed to take the blame for what happened I expect he will sue them and have a very good chance.

Stoke sack manager Jones!
If ever there was a be careful what you wish for example, it would be them.
Get rid of Pulis, not happy with 5 top 14 finish, bring in Hughes, 2 x top 9, drop to 13th, get rid
Lambert 8 months crap
Rowett 8 months crap
Now Up and coming young manager, Jones, 8 months get rid .
I remember Charlton getting rid of Curbishley, look how that panned out!
Stoke going the same way....
Hopefully!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861