Championship 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Showing poor judgement, I have just spent a couple of hours watching Notts Forest lose at home to Swansea.

What an awful side Notts are. Levein/Kelly level in comparison to our lean years. I was quite annoyed when they appointed Hughton as he has proved himself to be just the kind of manager to sort out a Championship shit show.

Gladly, I can report that there is absolutely nothing to work with there. They are just a bunch of not good enoughs.

The dream scenario of Notts, WR's Derby and Cov all going down this season is definitely possible.

Showing poor judgement, I have just spent a couple of hours watching Notts Forest lose at home to Swansea.

What an awful side Notts are. Levein/Kelly level in comparison to our lean years. I was quite annoyed when they appointed Hughton as he has proved himself to be just the kind of manager to sort out a Championship shit show.

Gladly, I can report that there is absolutely nothing to work with there. They are just a bunch of not good enoughs.

The dream scenario of Notts, WR's Derby and Cov all going down this season is definitely possible.
I watched the first half and then switched over to the F1. There was a car crash that was bigger than that lot, which says a lot

I’ve just noticed that Sheffield Wednesday started off on -15 points but are still above Derby.

I’ve just noticed that Sheffield Wednesday started off on -15 points but are still above Derby.
Hang on a second you absolute dolt, they didn’t get -15.

Started off as a -12 point deduction - was halved on appeal

Forest a goal and a man down at Reading.

Good. I hope they vanish off the face off the earth.
A tad harsh but you’ll be pleased to know it’s now 2-0.

Chris Hughton has a lot of work to do but at least his sides are great to watch when they click...... Not lolz

In my youth, I could never have imagined a world where City were loaning Notts F, Derby and Coventry money in order for them to survive in their lower league hell while we compete at the top end of the top league.

Fabulous example of what 2,000 people at a game can mean. I totally understood the BLM knee back in June/July. It was a strong statement. Still doing it in December is fecking absurd.

If fans were in grounds, there is no way this would have continued so long. This is Millwall I know, but most clubs fans would be fed up with it by now.

Fabulous example of what 2,000 people at a game can mean. I totally understood the BLM knee back in June/July. It was a strong statement. Still doing it in December is fecking absurd.

If fans were in grounds, there is no way this would have continued so long. This is Millwall I know, but most clubs fans would be fed up with it by now.

Except Millwall fans aren't booing because they are bored of it.

How long do you do it for before it becomes a routine as part of the game, and means nothing?

I think that this reaction shows the complete opposite, and that it continues to be an issue that is pervasive through society.

How long do you do it for before it becomes a routine as part of the game, and means nothing?
Absolutely this I would say that this point has already been passed. I certainly wouldn't boo (or want to boo) but people have already got the message and it now just seems like tradition. Carrying it on just gives the knuckledraggers opportunity to show their opposition.

I think that this reaction shows the complete opposite, and that it continues to be an issue that is pervasive through society.
Of course it's still an issue, but there's no need to allow the continuation to advertise the fact. Yesterday's event will have provided great comfort for thousands of others with similar views.

Of course it's still an issue, but there's no need to allow the continuation to advertise the fact. Yesterday's event will have provided great comfort for thousands of others with similar views.
We wouldn't still be talking about the issue if yesterday hadn't happened.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

There was booing at a number of other grounds yesterday. It will spread further too. Are you suggesting that all of us are racist that find this display tiring?

What I find pervasive is the increase in non-football displays in the game. The BLM is just the latest. Last year I argued against the poppy rubbish that is getting increasingly pathetic. I cannot stand the constant minute silences for anyone or anything either. It also grates with me the now endless list of players that appear to need to pray to someone or something before taking the pitch, after scoring a goal, etc.

Football is a sport, it should not be a vehicle for peddling poltical views, cultural messages or whatever else. I don't mind very occasional and appropriate marks or respect or messaging. But football is full of it now. Why the feck did every single game last week have a minutes silence/applause for Maradona? A footballer that I loved but a man that had nothing whatsoever to do with the PL/FL. Come to think of it, what is the minutes silence/applause in an empty stadium about anyway? It's nonsensical.

Previously, one game a season was an anti-racist fixture. Now it's every game. Every time the players take the knee before kick off, what exactly do you want me to take from it? And then the same two hours later when the next match comes on? And two hours after that? And again and again?

Fans back in grounds means that real people get to express their views once again. Nine months of football and footballers being up their own backsides is over. I say hurrah to that. I only wish that more supporters had the courage to express their true opinions about these displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263