Championship 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracking result for Rovrum beating Fat Wayne's Crazy Rams 3-0. Looking a bit scary if you're our neighbours.

View attachment 15763

A real shame that Forest seem to slowly be turning the corner. Although the club is a ****ing tinpot shambles so anything could happen.

It's a great time for us to be one of the best teams in the land.

It's about time a team did this. Well done Brentford, I agree with every word.

“As a group of players, we have decided we will no longer take a knee before the start of matches. This will begin when we face Barnsley tomorrow, Sunday 14 February. This decision has come after lengthy discussions as a group.

We have been taking a knee before games since June but, like many of our fellow players at other clubs, no longer believe that this is having an impact. We believe we can use our time and energies to promote racial equality in other ways. As a group we are fully behind and proud of Brentford’s desire to become the most inclusive club in the country and the drive towards equality under the #BeeTogether banner.

We have experienced racist abuse first hand and have also seen some appalling comments made to other players past and present. There is a clear need to continue to push for an end to all discrimination and, as players, we will be part of that at Brentford FC, in football in general and in the wider community.

Togetherness is one of our key values as a group and plays an important role in helping us move towards reaching our goals. Racism is the opposite of what we stand for. As players we will show our commitment to Togetherness and racial equality on and off the pitch between now and the end of the season, and beyond. We will also support our colleagues at other clubs that still want to take a knee before games.”

We believe we can use our time and energies to promote racial equality in other ways.
Ah the hardship of kneeling down...takes up so much time and energy doesn’t it.

Fair enough if they don’t want to do it, but what a strange thing to say.

Ah the hardship of kneeling down...takes up so much time and energy doesn’t it.

Fair enough if they don’t want to do it, but what a strange thing to say.
It has become tokenistic dogoodery. That's why I stopped standing on my doorstep clapping.

It has become tokenistic dogoodery. That's why I stopped standing on my doorstep clapping.

I agree actually.

I didn't agree with the Millwall episode as that was completely different.

If the players themselves feel it's not ideal then fair play, they are the ones taking the action after all.

I think where it felt very OTT for me was one minute’s silence for Cpt Tom, then the knee, then the massive token BLM sign on sky.
Does anyone believe any of the Murdochs give a shit about that campaign? I certainly don’t.

Classic Colin rant after the game today although if you see the highlights, he's not wrong with anything he says:

Apparently Swansea also got a suspect penalty in their last game too from when I was listing to 5Live earlier so interesting to hear Colin mention that the Swansea manager is the son of an ex PL/FL referee.

****ing hell I have not missed seeing that face.

To be fair I’d be wanting our manager to say similar if we’d had a goal disallowed like they did. It was a shit decision.

To be fair I’d be wanting our manager to say similar if we’d had a goal disallowed like they did. It was a shit decision.
Penalty was a joke too - the ref even pointed for a corner first before inexplicably changing his mind!

Penalty was a joke too - the ref even pointed for a corner first before inexplicably changing his mind!
I agree. I know it’s easy to dislike him, but he had genuine reason to be annoyed yesterday and I like the fact that he’s willing to say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3776
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3961
7Coventry City3860
8Hull City3859